Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: rating and comment Functionality

28 Jun 2017, 03:59

spl1 wrote:Ok, and there is it possble to add a comment to one picture in the gallery?
Not really, unless we bake comments into the popup. Sounds impractical, but might have to be considered.

You can already comment directly on image-landing pages, although visitors won't see that page unless they arrive on it from a shared link. Example:
https://demo.photo.gallery/galleries/la ... ntarctica/
spl1 wrote:yes exactly.. and a overall score.. it should be possbile to see what other people are thining about the photos..
Agreed.
hardliner wrote:The First is mark Photos as selected and can send to me as Owner or Photographer.
I currently refer to this as "lightbox" system, where a visitor will be able to pick/select images, and forward their selection to the site owner. This will be part of an extensive plugin we are looking to create, which may also include an e-commerce option.
hardliner wrote:The Second is rating the Photos in protected or public Gallerys.
The Third is Comment Functionality from protected and/or public Gallery
Agreed.
hardliner wrote:With the Disqus Comment Functionality you need be registred User or automatic Login with Facebook or Google+. Not any User or visitor my website will be registred on Disqus.
hardliner wrote:The Problem is how can avoid the Comment Functionality from SPAM Comments and BOTS?
These requests go hand in hand. Building a comments-system is no small task, and in my opinion, Disqus have done it perfectly. In modern days, the only way to avoid spam or junk comments (from both humans and bots), is to make sure the commenter has a linked account (Google+, Twitter, Facebook etc.) ... Even on Wordpress websites, you still need to "register", or at best leave a comment and wait for it to be accepted by moderator ... You can ALSO setup your Disqus account to allow "guest comments" and require comments to be accepted by admin before they get posted. These days, I don't think you will find a single respectable website that doesn't require some form of linked "validation" before posting a comment. Personally, I would never allow "guest comments" anyway, as it's just a typical entry for junk posting ... Even Wordpress websites are starting to use Disqus now, because it has better anti-spam facilities than Wordpress, is managed remotely, and has better login precaution mechanisms.

Furthermore, when you register ONCE with Disqus, you can comment on ANY website that uses Disqus comments. Any other website, you will have to register for each comment.

My point is: Comments systems are advanced, and Disqus have already done it properly. We will never build our own "comments system" that is inferior to others, and require years of development. In addition to anti-spam, and advanced posting/reply features, a comments system would require an extensive database system linked to each image (ooops, I renamed an image), and an extensive comments management system. Did you give Disqus a try, and check their administration?

Personally, when I see a post I with Disqus comments, I think "Nice, I can easily leave an accepted comment". If it's not Disqus, it's some kinda weird home-brewed system, that often doesn't accept my comments, or requires registration. No, comments in 2017 requires proper user validation, and Disqus does that properly.

Commenting with Disqus requires either a Disqus account, or any account Google, Facebook or Twitter. You can also set up to allow "guest comments", but this is simply not advisable.

spl1
Experienced

29 Jul 2017, 14:12

Hmm.. could be an intresting option.. is disqu seamless integreatable?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Jul 2017, 00:11

spl1 wrote:Hmm.. could be an intresting option.. is disqu seamless integreatable?
Yes. You can see an example of Disqus comments integrated in an X3 website here (click any post):
https://mjau-mjau.com/blog/

spl1
Experienced

30 Jul 2017, 05:16

I see, i found the activation for that in the admin section. Is it only working for blogs? In the demo gallery at deejay.photos there is no possibility to add a comment. I add my shortname to the plugin an activate both options. But on the images, there is no possiblity to add a comment.

Do i made a mistake?

cheers

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Jul 2017, 11:03

spl1 wrote:I see, i found the activation for that in the admin section. Is it only working for blogs?
You can enable comments on ANY page, including gallery pages.
spl1 wrote:In the demo gallery at deejay.photos there is no possibility to add a comment.
You have to enable comments on the pages where you want it to display. Go to Page > Settings > plugins, and ENABLE disqus comments for that page. Optionally, you can enable Disqus for ALL pages directly from main settings > plugins > Disqus comments, but usually you don't want comments section on all pages.
spl1 wrote:But on the images, there is no possiblity to add a comment.
What do you mean "on" the images? As mentioned, you can add comments to all pages, but you can't comment directly on every image (except for the image-landing page used for sharing).