Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

twomoocows
Topic Author

X3 Sorting Gallery based upon Capture Date / Time.

10 Aug 2016, 14:31

Hi Karl.
I have searched but can't find an answer to this question.

Is there a plan to allow X3 Gallery Sorting based upon Capture Date / Time? Currently I am sorting on Date but this is using the Date the file was Exported from Lightroom which is not helpful at all. I take a lot of Travel Photos with two different cameras and name the images with the Camera model. I know I could rename them all when I export them from LR but that isn't really practical.

Any plans for this feature?

Thanks. 
Stew.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: X3 Sorting Gallery based upon Capture Date / Time.

10 Aug 2016, 15:11

twomoocows wrote:Is there a plan to allow X3 Gallery Sorting based upon Capture Date / Time? Currently I am sorting on Date but this is using the Date the file was Exported from Lightroom which is not helpful at all. I take a lot of Travel Photos with two different cameras and name the images with the Camera model. I know I could rename them all when I export them from LR but that isn't really practical.
Sort by date is already implemented in X3 since Release [0.17]. It uses the image EXIF tag DateTimeOriginal, which is specifically reserved for when the photo was first created (taken). You can read about the difference between EXIF tags DateTime and DateTimeOriginal here. Are you sure you are using latest release X3 0.18.1? Either Lightroom (or some other process) is incorrectly replacing this tag, or it is somehow omitted from your uploaded photos.

X3 Panel Docs wrote:Sorts images by date. This option uses the image's own EXIF date, which is normally from when the photo is taken. If there is no EXIF date, server-date will be used instead, which is normally from when the file is uploaded.
Got a link with images not sorting per date? You could also send me three sample photos, and I will take a closer look ...

twomoocows
Topic Author

Re: X3 Sorting Gallery based upon Capture Date / Time.

10 Aug 2016, 15:45

Hi Karl.
You are correct. For some reason I had Minimize Embedded Metadata on this particular Export.
My other images are working fine. Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Love the product by the way and you provide wonderful support.

Keep up the great work.
Stew.