Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

Edit Create the single Blogpost in the Blog View

15 Jul 2016, 03:53

The Subject explain the Feature Request.

On my Site i create a Blog and now its complicated create a new Blogpost or Edit.

It was be Helpful if i can on the Blog Site with one click to start a new Blogpost or edit a existent Blogpost.

Its required to login in the Admin Area and redirected to Blog Directory.
But the Create and Edit Blog is restricted to the functionality. Or the create Blogpost Functionality was in this View simplified.

Now from the Blog Area to be nice Upload less Pictures to an defined hide Directory. But its allowed make the regular Upload Pictures, but then i was redirected to standard Functionality.

That make easier and faster create Blog directly on the Blog Area.

Is this possible to realize. That would it be very nice.

Regards
hardliner

When i be on Vacation and have not really much time to login and navigate over the Menu and make all Settings.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Edit Create the single Blogpost in the Blog View

15 Jul 2016, 06:10

Sorry, I don't understand the request ... A "blog post" in X3 is just a normal page, but formatted/styled to look more like a blog post, for example like this: https://mjau-mjau.com/blog/cloudflare-page-caching/. To create a page, you just click "NEW" in the panel, and create a new page in your blog folder. If you want, you can copy settings from a template or from another page ... It doesn't get any faster than that.
hardliner wrote:On my Site i create a Blog and now its complicated create a new Blogpost or Edit.
This I don't understand, how it's complicated? To edit a blog post, you just click a page in panel, and edit it ...
hardliner wrote:It was be Helpful if i can on the Blog Site with one click to start a new Blogpost or edit a existent Blogpost.
As mentioned, just create a page under a blog folder. Edit an existing blog post you just need to navigate to the page and simply edit it.
hardliner wrote:Its required to login in the Admin Area and redirected to Blog Directory.
Yes of course you need to login to admin panel first ... Same as any application. You need to then click your BLOG page first, before you create a page yes ... That takes 2-3 seconds?

It seems you are requesting some kinda specific panel feature to create "blog" pages. To keep flexibility, there will not be any specific "blog" options .. ."blog" doesn't mean anything either, it's basically just a page. I don't see why we should have more buttons in the panel for "blog", if creating a blog page is exactly the same as creating an "about me" page.

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jul 2016, 09:30

its possible to make a link under the blog to change to Edit the Blog and come the Login Screen and go to Admin Menu as seperate Option?

Regards
hardliner

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jul 2016, 10:24

i have solve the Problem. I make under the Blog always a Back and Edit Link.

How can i disable open in the new Browser Window if i click on Back Button?

Regards
hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jul 2016, 11:13

hardliner wrote:i have solve the Problem. I make under the Blog always a Back and Edit Link.

How can i disable open in the new Browser Window if i click on Back Button?
Im not sure what you mean "back" button. If you have made a LINK, then you should use relative path:

Relative paths, always open in SAME window:
Code
/url/here/
Absolute links, always open in NEW browser window.
Code
http://fullwebsite.com/url/here/
You should use a relative path. OR, add the link with custom HTML:
Code
<a href=LINK_HERE target=_self>Back</a>

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jul 2016, 12:17

You make my day.

The second solution was the right.