Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

aytacbicer
Topic Author

Add blog to my web site

05 Jun 2016, 02:37

Hello,

How can I add blog on my page? I haven't added it yet. Please help me..

www.aytacbicer.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Add blog to my web site

05 Jun 2016, 04:49

A "blog" is just a collection of pages in a folder called "blog". I will add a tutorial for this later, but for now:

1. Create a folder "blog", or whatever you want to call it.
2. In the "folders" settings for the blog page, you should perhaps choose vertical "split" layout, and set "date" to display in items. Also set SORT to descending.
3. Inside the blog folder, create your "posts" with folder names "1.first-post", "2.second" etc.

aytacbicer
Topic Author

05 Jun 2016, 04:58

I think I did something wrong. It doesnt work and shown any date. :S

I can not do it :S I need like this;

http://www.jcarloscruz.com/blogpost/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jun 2016, 08:04

aytacbicer wrote:I think I did something wrong. It doesnt work and shown any date. :S
Did you even try? You don't even have any posts in your blog folder yet, so obviously it won't show any dates.
http://www.aytacbicer.com/Blog/
aytacbicer wrote:I can not do it :S I need like this;

http://www.jcarloscruz.com/blogpost/
You are already half way there, why not try a bit first? You need to add some posts inside your blog folder.

aytacbicer
Topic Author

05 Jun 2016, 12:31

How can i add post? I added new page under blog, but it doesn t seem.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jun 2016, 13:49

aytacbicer wrote:How can i add post? I added new page under blog, but it doesn t seem.
Where is it? You need to create numbered folder name, just like ANY other page in your website. A blog page is no exception from that ...

aytacbicer
Topic Author

06 Jun 2016, 01:32

Got it.

hardliner
Experienced

06 Jun 2016, 02:32

Hello mjau-mjau,

you wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:3. Inside the blog folder, create your "posts" with folder names "1.first-post", "2.second" etc.
Why is required create folder and count with numbers? The sort based on the Date?

Its not better create the Folder based on the Header from Blog?

Regards
Hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Jun 2016, 04:15

hardliner wrote:Why is required create folder and count with numbers?
I am not sure what this has to do with the topic in question. Just like ANY other pages in X3, a folder should be numbered ... you did not create any other pages yet in your website before trying to create a blog post? Surely, you created the "Blog" page numbered also? Why suddenly try to NOT add numbers?

The reason WHY is explained in detail in the HELP for creating new folder:
First of all, the number does NOT display, so I am not sure why it is a problem. Second, it is both for creating a manual folder order structure, and also for making a page "visible" in any listings and menu.
hardliner wrote:The sort based on the Date?
Yes, we could sort pages based on date ... but not everyone adds dates for pages, and we can't rely on server date for a folder, as it could be when the folder was updated. So no, we cannot specifically change the policy to "allow un-numbered folder names IF the date is set".
hardliner wrote:Its not better create the Folder based on the Header from Blog?
What do you mean "header from blog"? A folder needs a name, which creates the URL route.

hardliner
Experienced

07 Jun 2016, 07:19

Its that correct the the numbered Folder have no effect of the sort in the Blog, when you set the Date?

by Wordpress is every new Blogpost Site named as Blogpost Title.

In this case i mean every Blogpost in X3 can similiar named and sorted.

Regards
hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Jun 2016, 08:04

hardliner wrote:Its that correct the the numbered Folder have no effect of the sort in the Blog, when you set the Date?
No. I said that we can't rely on date to sort pages, because 1) Not everyone sets a date and 2) Server date is unreliable.
hardliner wrote:by Wordpress is every new Blogpost Site named as Blogpost Title.
In Wordpress, when you create a new post, you define page TITLE and page SLUG ... It tries to automatically create a default SLUG based on the title, for example /hello-this-is-a-new-blog-post/. In X3, just name your folder to "1.hello-this-is-a-new-blog-post", although its BETTER if you keep your slugs short, for example "1.new-blog-post".

Wordpress is a database BLOG application, where it HAS to create VIRTUAL slugs for pages. X3 is not a blog application, but uses folders for pages, thus you need to create the folder first, which in turn defines the slug. Result is the SAME.
hardliner wrote:In this case i mean every Blogpost in X3 can similiar named and sorted.
You can't add a title for a page that does not exist yet ... This works in Wordpress, because a "post" is just a database entry. In X3, you create the SLUG when you first create the page. Unlike Wordpress, X3 needs folders for pages, and at the same time you get to control the URL/SLUG. I don't see what this has to do with SORT. Wordpress is database application where date is an important, and default way for sorting.

We may add sort by DATE for pages, but that doesn't mean you DON'T need to add numbered folder names ... I can't see how it is a problem, as it helps you sort items, and the number is never visible anyway.

Wordpress is a dedicated blog platform, and X3 is not, although you can easily create a simple blog with X3, that shows prettier, cleaner and faster-loading pages with more features than Wordpress does. X3 is not for creating complex blogs with categories, tags, taxonomy and search.