Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

zuro
Experienced
Topic Author

Latest Image or post

20 May 2016, 06:00

Its possible to add new feature in X3 - latest or new image , post,comment etc. in startpage ?

davidlehner

Re: Latest Image or post

20 May 2016, 10:30

and/or random photos module would be nice too.
Nice website Zuro.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 May 2016, 10:41

zuro wrote:Its possible to add new feature in X3 - latest or new image , post,comment etc. in startpage ?
Many different requests there ...

You can already set an ASSETS folder in your index page gallery settings. For example point to a hidden folder "latest", where you include your latest images. The index page would then show all, or for example the 3 latest (by using "limit" setting), from the latest folder.

"post" I am not sure. You mean latest gallery page? You can use the same method as above by setting an ASSETS folder in your index page FOLDERS setting. Point to the folder where you add new galleries, and it will always display the latest page/gallery (limit it to 1 or 3, or display all).
davidlehner wrote:and/or random photos module would be nice too.
Random photo from where, and display how? multiple? This is a bit more complicated.

hardliner
Experienced

23 May 2016, 02:52

It would be nice that the newest Photos automatically generated or set in the Newest Photo Folder.

Always when i upload new Photos i need change or add new photo in the Folder. That was not really effective.

Best Regards
Danjel Rojka

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 May 2016, 03:57

hardliner wrote:It would be nice that the newest Photos automatically generated or set in the Newest Photo Folder.
As an application that reads folders to create the page output, this is a bit complicated. It would require this "plugin" to search though ALL folders, read time stamps of ALL images, then select the [x amount] of latest images ... A very heavy/slow process just to grab a few images.

Also, I can only guess that upon creation of such a plugin, it will be requested "I want to limit what folders the plugin look in to find latest images". That would require some extensive panel settings for including/excluding. I guess it could be done, even if it would be slow, the page would after all get cached.

Another option would be to store "latest images" uploaded in the panel, in /config/latest.json. Would be much faster ...

Technical stuff that doesn't really concern you users ;) Just thinking aloud ... I will add this as a feature request. Right now, I am busy updating the forums and new www.photo.gallery, so will be some time until I can look into it.