Search…

MS-POWER
Experienced
Topic Author

On / Off main page

20 Mar 2016, 13:51

Hi dear

on/off
from panel is there any way to disable the main page while I'm doing my preparation of my site requirement,? so I can see the main page but visitors will see site under maintenance only.

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: On / Off main page

20 Mar 2016, 14:06

MS-POWER wrote:on/off
from panel is there any way to disable the main page while I'm doing my preparation of my site requirement,? so I can see the main page but visitors will see site under maintenance only.
Unfortunately no, but it would be a useful feature. It does however require that we link the frontend with the panel, so that "maintenance mode" does not apply for admin-users.

CrisC
Experienced

24 Oct 2018, 18:30

Any update about this?
It would be indeed a nice feature - while you are setting up your page or doing a bigger maintenance / redesign.
It does not need to be linked with the panel - the webpage should only have an option to check, if the visitor is logged in as admin.

maybe, you could implement something like an Admin-Bar into the page, like WP does - I think, this would require some cookies on the system, but I think it should be possible :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Oct 2018, 23:39

The challenge with this approach in X3, is caching. Basically a page /mypage/ will return two different outputs, depending on if the visitor is admin or not. Actually, I think it is possible, although tricky. It's in my list.

In X3, we have focused a lot on speed of output (loading), which includes several cache mechanisms. In Wordpress, which is SLOW (unless you use a cache plugin), this is not a problem because it processes each page request.