X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

netmax
Experienced
Topic Author

Set the preview image from the gallery

28 Feb 2016, 09:34

Hi Karl,

in my opinion the selection of the preview image is a kind of "sub-optimal". In the gallery you have the image thumbnails where you see what you want as the preview image, but then you need to remind the image name, move over to the folder settings and select it from a dropdown which even has no search functionality. In larger galleries that's somehow annoying.

I'd love to have the function "set as preview" in the gallery context menu, that would make life much easier ;-)

Marco

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Set the preview image from the gallery

28 Feb 2016, 09:58

netmax wrote:select it from a dropdown which even has no search functionality.
It does have pretty good search functionality actually. Did you try starting to type the image name? It filters out the images that match as you type ...
netmax wrote:I'd love to have the function "set as preview" in the gallery context menu, that would make life much easier ;-)
Noted. I agree. I will add to list and see what we can do ...

netmax
Experienced
Topic Author

28 Feb 2016, 10:37

Hi Karl,

thanks for pointing to the search function ;-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Mar 2016, 10:03

This feature is now added to pending release, which should be available within 2 weeks.

In the below screenshot, the orange flag identifies current preview-image. Mouse hover on image rows displays the flag-icon which can be clicked to change preview-image for the folder.