Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

wpisdu
Topic Author

Select favorite photos - shopping cart like functionality

17 Feb 2016, 09:55

Hi mjau-mjau,

I am ImagevueX2 user and I am about to switch to ImagevueX3. I am a wedding photographer and I am looking for ability to select / add to favorites particular photos at a gallery level. So my customers would be able to access a password protected gallery and highlight photos they want me to print for them (those selected could be highlighted by some ribbon or something).

Would that be something that you could consider to implement in the future releases?

Regards,
wpisdu

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Select favorite photos - shopping cart like functionalit

17 Feb 2016, 11:13

The short answer is: YES we would very much like to integrate such functionality. In fact your request seems not too complicated ... It would require a "cart" feature somewhere, and a "checkout" button. When the user checks out, basically it would send an email to you with reference links to the images.

The slightly longer answer is: It's COMPLICATED, because different users seem to have entirely different requirements in this department. Some users want to be able to select print-styles, and also link to a payment-service. Without going into too much detail, the order/payment part is immediately a much more complicated aspect for numerous reasons.

Here is a related thread, basically discussing "shopping-cart" integration:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8710

But yes in general your suggestion sounds like a basic "cart" or "lightbox" feature, which may fulfill the requirements of some website-owners. We will start looking into features like this in 2 months time after we have launched the new www.photo.gallery website and docs.

localhost
Experienced

Re: Select favorite photos - shopping cart like functionalit

18 Feb 2016, 04:56

I'll seconded this feature request. I think I h ave mentioned this before but forgot already.

At the moment I am using PIXIESET as a workaround which basically work as a soft-proofing website.