X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MikeR
Experienced
Topic Author

Toolbar sharing

11 Feb 2016, 06:44

Hello,

Is is possible to add on the left sharing toolbar the "share by email" option as a first option (like facebbok twitter...) and not (only) in the overlay option or popup option ?

Thank you

{
"id": "mailto",
"icon": "envelope",
"label": "Share by Email",
"url": "mailto:?subject={{text}}&body=Hi,%0D%0A%0D%0A{{description}}%0D%0A{{url}}",
"color": "#00bcf2",
"display": "overlay|popup"
},

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Toolbar sharing

11 Feb 2016, 09:05

MikeR wrote:Is is possible to add on the left sharing toolbar the "share by email" option as a first option (like facebbok twitter...) and not (only) in the overlay option or popup option ?
Yes, just remove this line, which by default sets it to only display in the sharing-overlay, and the popup:
Code
"display": "overlay|popup"
Just should also be able to cut the entire code segment in your post above, and paste it ABOVE the facebook element to change the order. Just remember to keep commas "," correct. There must be a comma after each item, except the last one ...

MikeR
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Feb 2016, 09:38

Perfect
I had too much comas ","

Do you think it's possible to use "target=_blank" with mailto ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2016, 10:32

MikeR wrote:Do you think it's possible to use "target=_blank" with mailto ?
Why would you need that? It already uses the mailto-protocol, which opens a new msg from the clients email browser. If you use target=_blank, it will first open a blank browser window, and THEN proceed to open an email client window.

MikeR
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Feb 2016, 11:22

In chrome it opens a new window (as target=_blank)
but in firefox the email is open in the same window (as target=_self)

Maybe it's related to firefox only

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2016, 23:24

MikeR wrote:In chrome it opens a new window (as target=_blank)
but in firefox the email is open in the same window (as target=_self)
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "the email is open in the same window"? It opens your MAIL application no? This is just a plain link with MAILTO protocol (<a href="mailto:mail@mail.com"></a>). It should not be set to _blank target, because then it would first open a new/blank browser window, before it proceeds to open a new msg from your mail app.

I tried here from both chrome and firefox, and it correctly starts a new msg from my mail app without opening any further empty browser windows.

MikeR
Experienced
Topic Author

12 Feb 2016, 00:05

Sorry I forgot to say I don't use any mail application, I use only web mail application like mail.google.com.

So mailto opens a new tab in chrome but not in firefox. But the "problem" comes maybe from firefox, I must check my parameters first.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Feb 2016, 00:22

I guess there is a chance that you can't suit all visitors in this scenario. Most users have a mail application, also on their mobile devices. If they only have browser-based mail, then it should perhaps open a new tab, but you can't guess this up front ... If you force target _blank, it will certainly open an unnecessary, temporary browser-window for those using a mail app.

MikeR
Experienced
Topic Author

12 Feb 2016, 00:29

In fact it seems ok
I don't want to force
at first I thought mailto don't open a new tab for the email but after checking in Chrome it's OK
My firefox has maybe specific parameters which prevent opening a new tab, I must check on my side
don't mind
Thank you