Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

webwatts
Topic Author

Uploaded by FTP and Manage automaticly files

27 Jan 2016, 11:31

Hello,
i have a automated FTP script uploading folders and files each days.
The gallery can detects files within folders and displays?
Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Uploaded by FTP and Manage automaticly files

27 Jan 2016, 11:43

webwatts wrote:i have a automated FTP script uploading folders and files each days.
The gallery can detects files within folders and displays?
You can do that, but there are some things you need to be aware of:

1. When you upload a new folder, if you want it to be visible in the menu, it needs to be numbered ... For example "3.foldername".

2. You need to create an empty file "page.json" inside new folders. This is where the page settings are stored, and if the file does not exists, then the page will not be generated.

3. What about page TITLE and DESCRIPTION (and possibly other page-settings). Unless you edit these settings from the panel, your folder will use DEFAULT title and description, from your settings. I don't see how you would want to create new pages without at least assigning a unique title in the page settings (stored in page.json).

webwatts
Topic Author

27 Jan 2016, 11:50

Thanks!
Ok and if folders are created, if just FTP upload pictures in the same folder, pictures can be automaticly sorted and listed ?
Regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Jan 2016, 12:08

webwatts wrote:Ok and if folders are created, if just FTP upload pictures in the same folder, pictures can be automaticly sorted and listed ?
Yes.

You should make sure to add images appropriately sized though, because you are not using the X3 upload-resized.