Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

Integrating with forum

27 Nov 2015, 17:15

Maybe integrating is not the correct word but I admin a forum using Xenforo and I'd like to include some random pictures from all the gallery into the forum just to push some users to visit the gallery more often.

Is there feasible in a way you know?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Integrating with forum

28 Nov 2015, 00:30

Unfortunately, there is no way X3 has anything to say inside a separate forum app like Xenforo. If anything, it would have to be a plugin for Xenforo, that reads images from a folder or something ...

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Nov 2015, 11:29

I imagine. Do you know a script that can read random images from the content folder so that maybe I can use it with xenforo to display these images in the forum and connect to the gallery?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Nov 2015, 11:35

andreamarucci wrote:I imagine. Do you know a script that can read random images from the content folder so that maybe I can use it with xenforo to display these images in the forum and connect to the gallery?
Even if I did know a script that reads random images, how would you include it into xenforo? Are you the owner of the xenforo website? ... that would be necessary, since you would need to make it into an extension ... You can't just add executing PHP code into a page.

Most importantly though, if you are the owner of the xenforo, why are you not asking this in the xenforo community? https://xenforo.com/community/ If there is an extension, or if anyone knows the answer, it would be there ... It would have to be an add-on or plugin (or what they call it at xenforo).

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Nov 2015, 11:44

Thanks Karl, I've asked there obviously but also I'm searching for other mean to do that. I'm the owner of a Xenforo forum and I'd like to do that, just investigating how :-)

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Dec 2015, 05:14

Is there anyone that can provide a script to read all the IV content folder and display a random image linking back to the IV gallery that contained that image or, if not possible, linking back to the IV installation?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Dec 2015, 05:28

andreamarucci wrote:Is there anyone that can provide a script to read all the IV content folder and display a random image linking back to the IV gallery that contained that image or, if not possible, linking back to the IV installation?
That could be made, but it would be a few hours work for anybody including me. Also, even though I could create a custom PHP script, I have no idea how that can be included in a forum. Unless you know how to do that yourself, that would be another job altogether.

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Dec 2015, 05:31

And eventually how much does it cost?

I'm asking on XF forum if there's a freelancer or someone that can code an addon doing that. Let's see what comes up :-)

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

14 Dec 2015, 15:04

Karl, I'd like you to now that a developer, with my help, has developed an addon for xenforo that choose 4, or another number depending from the forum layout, images from all the images in the gallery and show them in the forum. It works perfectly and all my members love it.

If you want to take a look go to http://forum.kog.it and you'll see the images. Clicking on them takes you to the gallery. Very happy with this :-) and love X3 very much!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Dec 2015, 22:43

That's awesome!