Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Shopping cart link

08 Nov 2015, 01:16

The fix with the {{file_name}} , is pending in the new release! It seems like you have done the rest correct!
mjau-mjau wrote:This is now implemented, and will be available in a release within Monday.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Nov 2015, 16:39

I ran the update but I still get the same error.

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Nov 2015, 00:19

Link? What version? Just tried it here, and it works fine ...

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 07:40

I tried it again and it works. My error. Your help with this is very much appreciated!

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 10:21

Is there a setting I can adjust to size the window that pops up when the link opens to my shopify store?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Nov 2015, 10:50

swamphox wrote:Is there a setting I can adjust to size the window that pops up when the link opens to my shopify store?
Currently no (technical reasons), but will see what we can do at some point. The visitor can of course just click the 'maximize' button, and on mobile it already opens as a full size browser window.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 12:27

Karl, you mentioned at the beginning of this topic about adding this feature to the description and I will quote.

" if you REALLY want to create links per-image, why not just add them to the image-description?"

What is it that I would add to the description? The code?

"id": "shop",
"icon": "shopping-cart",
"label": "Buy me!",
"url": "https://1234foto.myshopify.com/products/{{file_name}}",
"color": "orange",
"display": "popup"

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Nov 2015, 14:37

swamphox wrote:What is it that I would add to the description? The code?
Since descriptions are per-image, then you would have to manually add each link into each of your image descriptions.

We could perhaps improve, and create a global description field with dynamic vars that is appended to each and every image description. This will have to wait until after release though.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 15:03

How should that link be formatted? html? An icon would have to placed and then a link attached to that icon. Can you explain please.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Nov 2015, 23:52

swamphox wrote:How should that link be formatted? html? An icon would have to placed and then a link attached to that icon. Can you explain please.
Actually, the current problem here is that descriptions ignore html. I will need to look into that first.

Once that is fixed, you can do something like this:
Code
<a href="your_item_link" target=_blank><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart></i> Buy me text!</a>
Unfortunately, you will just need to wait with the above. First we need to release X3 before expanding new concepts.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 09:01

A couple questions. Is there something that I could add that would appear as a "shopping cart" icon to each image, as you did last week that I could connect each image to my store. Even if I have to enter each image info manually or just a single link (the same link) to every image that is linked to my store.

I am having a hard time understanding where to make changes to what appears on my "home" screen. I still have your images there and I can find where to make these changes.

That leads me to asking about the documentation. I see that most features and control are very well documented within the panel. Do you have anything yet that explains, in a graphical manner or textual, how the main items in X3 are laid out as it pertains to the way things can be manipulated in the panel? Does that make sense?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Nov 2015, 10:21

swamphox wrote:A couple questions. Is there something that I could add that would appear as a "shopping cart" icon to each image, as you did last week that I could connect each image to my store. Even if I have to enter each image info manually or just a single link (the same link) to every image that is linked to my store.
Where are you talking about though? I believe in this thread we have already added a shopping-cart icon to the popup window that displays the image. Do you mean you want to add a cart icon also on top of the images in the grid-layout (or whatever layout you are using) before they are clicked? If so, that can be achieved similarly as my previous post through descriptions, but only once I add html support to descriptions. You could use the CAPTION setting to have the description (with your link), overlay the image.
swamphox wrote:I am having a hard time understanding where to make changes to what appears on my "home" screen. I still have your images there and I can find where to make these changes.
The home page is an example. If you go to the index page from panel, navigate to settings->gallery, scroll down and you will see it is using an ASSETS setting to load images from another folder. You can just delete that setting, and instead it will look for images inside itself ... or you can change it to another folder if you want. The assets setting is just a special setting to load images from a different folder than itself, which might be useful in many case.
swamphox wrote:That leads me to asking about the documentation. I see that most features and control are very well documented within the panel. Do you have anything yet that explains, in a graphical manner or textual, how the main items in X3 are laid out as it pertains to the way things can be manipulated in the panel? Does that make sense?
Yes it makes sense. You are kinda asking for a something that explains "the anatomy of an X3 page" I believe ... I will have to get around to better documentation at some point. For now, most importantly, you need to know that a page is made up of 3 modules: context, folders and gallery. Each which have settings to control their own layout.

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 10:32

Thanks again for your time on this! Image
At this point I would just like to have a static shopping cart link as you showed in the pic.
How is this achieved? You have a shopping cart there and I would like this to be available on all of my images. Since it was just a pic that you posted I could not see whether or not it actually worked.
I would love it to be image specific but if I have to settle for one link to my store that would be fine. I am sure this is something that will develop over time.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Nov 2015, 10:55

swamphox wrote:How is this achieved? You have a shopping cart there and I would like this to be available on all of my images. Since it was just a pic that you posted I could not see whether or not it actually worked.
I would love it to be image specific but if I have to settle for one link to my store that would be fine. I am sure this is something that will develop over time.
Yes, so this is basically just part of the image-description, more or less as explained in an earlier post ... I just hacked that screenshot by editing html directly in page. Unfortunately, this needs to wait until I can add html-support into descriptions. Basically you would have to add a link to the description for each image ... So to conclude, sorry but the solution in the screenshot needs to wait a bit ...

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 11:59

No problem waiting for developments. I am just looking to have a more conspicuous way for people to hit a "Buy Button".

I hate to say it but most potential buyers of my work need to be smacked in the face with it (the buy button). If they are not, they leave. I rely mostly on doing Art shows and Art Festivals here in the US and I have a lot of people that just couldn't pull the trigger at the show and need time to think. I focus on large prints 24x36 up to 72x120, inches that is. Artwork at that scale requires some thought in most cases and if I give them an excuse to leave ( by not being able to locate a buy button) I lose. I know there are many other options out there but nothing like imagevue and I really like your products. have been using imagevue for 10 years and find you are really helpful, accommodating and patient with people like me.