Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

chat

06 Jul 2015, 22:06

what chat do you use on the mjau Demo page.
And for X3-Hosting subscribers, can I just install or is there some fiddling at your end.

Use is going to be very light, very casual. I see an application for it in the future though and might look at a featured pay for service.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: chat

07 Jul 2015, 06:03

oneANT wrote:what chat do you use on the mjau Demo page.
We currently use Olark Chat, but this is 15$ per month. We are looking to also integrate Firehosechat as an option in X3, which is free chat service and basically provides the same service as Olark.
oneANT wrote:And for X3-Hosting subscribers, can I just install or is there some fiddling at your end.
No fiddling required. You just go to panel->settings, and add your chat account ID to accounts->chat.
Code
accounts:
  chat: 123abc
Actually, if you want, I can get you started with Firehosechat (free) immediately if you want. We would just need to add a javascript snippet to the /custom/javascript/ section from your X3 panel. Let me know if you want to proceed!

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Jul 2015, 23:22

yes please.
I was going to ask what integrate meant but it would appear that I am going to be ...integrated.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jul 2015, 07:58

oneANT wrote:I was going to ask what integrate meant but it would appear that I am going to be ...integrated.
I want to assimilate you into our collective swarm intelligence.

Can you sign up here?
https://app.firehosechat.com/home/signup/

Once signed up, sign in and find yourself here:

Click "install on my website", and copy the provided code. Don't close this window:

Go to your X3 panel -> /custom/javascript/, and paste the provided code (and save):

I think it's that simple! If it doesn't work out of the box, please create a user for me in your X3 panel, and I will take a look ...