Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

zorensen
Topic Author

Localization and skin modification?

06 Dec 2014, 17:11

X3 works great so far, but of course it's still at an early stage.
I think that the panel needs some work and needs to be a bit more "easy" if you know what I mean :P

But one thing that keeps bothering me is that I want to change the colors here and there and translate the "system messages" like the number of the totalt images in a gallery etc.

My idea that you in the panel can translate strings and easy change colors etc for your site.
Anything that will be considered? :)

Anyway, great work with X3 so far - this is really promising!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Localization and skin modification?

07 Dec 2014, 00:51

zorensen wrote:X3 works great so far, but of course it's still at an early stage.
I think that the panel needs some work and needs to be a bit more "easy" if you know what I mean :P
For sure ... The panel will be up for a brand new re-design as soon as we find the time, but we may wish to focus on proper release first, so it could be a new panel is not available until spring. We would definitely focus on making things more intuitive, although to keep X3 powerful and flexible, it may still require some patience.
zorensen wrote:My idea that you in the panel can translate strings and easy change colors etc for your site.
Anything that will be considered? :)
System messages = OK, this will be dealt with sooner or later ...

Change colors ... We are definitely looking into launching MANY new skins shortly. However, this is a very complicated aspect because an X3 "skin" contains hundreds of colored elements that are colored in relationship with each other. If we were to allow a color-picker for items, we would have to limit the design a lot, or there would be hundreds of color pickers for all elements making it a nightmare to configure a skin. You CAN actually already fix colors by editing the custom/css/, and this would really be a much better and more flexible approach than having color selectors for all elements directly in the admin. We will keep this in mind, but stay tuned for additional skins coming soon ...