Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

localhost
Experienced
Topic Author

Adobe Lightroom Integration

04 Dec 2014, 05:55

If it is not too much to ask for another X3 feature... I would like to see the capability to upload some images directly from within Lightroom. This feature is available in Flickr, 500px, ShootProof among a few more photography websites.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Adobe Lightroom Integration

04 Dec 2014, 06:20

You mean you download plugins for lightroom so that there is some direct upload button from within the application to those services? Basically it would just be a shortcut to upload images into a folder of your X3 gallery. Keep in mind, all those services you mentioned are hosted (and normally paid) services running on dedicated application server ... We could touch upon that area ourselves (thus my post here), but as long as users demand to run everything on their own server, then features like this will be much more complicated ... Not impossible, but always much more complicated.

localhost
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Apr 2017, 11:51

I'm not sure how it will be implemented Karl, I just thought it will create a better workflow for uploading images to X3.

The now defunct Pixelpost used to offer this feature so I thought it is easy to do. :)

CrisC
Experienced

24 Oct 2018, 19:13

Indeed, having a Lightroom Upload Plugin (Plugin installed in LR and connecting to the Site via API key) would be a nice feature.
The System I've used before switching to X3 (koken) provided such a Plugin (self hosted page) and it was helpful.

UNFORTUNATELY - and this would be one of the issues with pages, hosted on a Webspace provider and not on your own server - Uploading the imaged directly from LR could cause issues with the max. file upload settings of your webserver.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Oct 2018, 23:28

Thanks. noted  :thumbsup: