Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Page Title: Content vs. HTML : SEO

05 Dec 2014, 23:58

alexhenes wrote:Check out this image...
That is your actual page CONTEXT and doesn't have anything to do with the FOLDERS setting, which decides how folder-listings display. See what happens when I set for that page;
Code
context: items:label,description,content

I am impressed by how you are using the mega menu ... Your page structure is so much easier to comprehend now for human beings ...

alexhenes
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Dec 2014, 12:11

Ok... I must be a knucklehead because I still can't figure this out :oops:

I am playing with Mountaineering.San Juan Range.Chicago Basin.

I am trying to accomplish this...

1. On the pages I only want the label to be displayed. For example "San Juan Range" or "Chicago Basin".
2. On the menus I only want the label to be displayed.
3. On the page title that appears on the browser tab (chrome) I would like title to appear.

Not sure what I am doing wrong... I have played with the context field in both default & include in the site settings... and I have played with it on the pages themselves.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Dec 2014, 00:26

alexhenes wrote:1. On the pages I only want the label to be displayed. For example "San Juan Range" or "Chicago Basin".
2. On the menus I only want the label to be displayed.
3. On the page title that appears on the browser tab (chrome) I would like title to appear.
I cannot see that all the above is not solved already?

alexhenes
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Dec 2014, 12:00

See image below. I am sure it is something I don't understand yet.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (99.03 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
Alex

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Dec 2014, 13:37

Ok, I can understand it can be confusing ... but we do agree this page is the San Juan Range displaying subfolders right? Thus, the folders layout on that page, is decided on that page's folders setting ... From being empty, I have now edited it to be:
Code
folders: items:label,preview
The above is basically telling the page: In your folders layout (if you have subfolders), please set the following items in the following order items:label,preview. Get it?

I did have to add other settings there also, because the default ones did not apply if I am changing it ... You could set your global default folder settings to items:label,preview if that is how you want it everywhere? Currently your global setting for folders layout looks like this, implying that you want to keep the title by default:
Code
folders: grid:3,2,1 frame text-center title-small items:title,preview caption:title description caption-bottom caption-hover crop:3,2

alexhenes
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Dec 2014, 15:41

cool... finally got it... thank you!
Alex

elpd
Experienced

12 Dec 2014, 05:17

An what about keywords? Is there gonna be a option to add keywords to individual pages in the future?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

12 Dec 2014, 08:19

elpd, as far as I know keywords these days do nothing for SEO. And I heard, that in some cases google spiders may recognise them as a spam :) .
They were useful few years back, until people start using them in wrong manner.
Although, keywords may be useful for searching within the site.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

12 Dec 2014, 13:25

Hi Artur,
Time to update your signature! Add "Imagevue X2 Power Pack" instead! ;D
Can we expect any X3 functionality and improvements from you (again)?? Good to see you are still alive and thank you for your very helpful Power Pack for X2!

Yes I have been under the same impression that Meta Keywords have been redundant for a while. Some older systems might use them for crawling, but not the big boys. So I think we should keep them, that is for sure.
Idea - Can we not have the keywords automatically generated? Scan the page, all the words that occur the most, and over 4 characters are inserted into the Keywords list. The top 10 or 15 keywords are sorted by their frequency and added to the header META tags. That would make life easier!
Keen to hear your thoughts.
Artur wrote:elpd, as far as I know keywords these days do nothing for SEO. And I heard, that in some cases google spiders may recognise them as a spam :) .
They were useful few years back, until people start using them in wrong manner.
Although, keywords may be useful for searching within the site.
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Dec 2014, 05:49

Keywords are long-time deprecated, and they are simply not used any more for anything. X3 is a modern system focusing on useful features, and therefore we don't want to clutter the system with useless settings. Simplicity is much more important, for us and the user.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

13 Dec 2014, 17:17

Bulletproof IT wrote:Hi Artur,
Time to update your signature! Add "Imagevue X2 Power Pack" instead! ;D
Can we expect any X3 functionality and improvements from you (again)?? Good to see you are still alive and thank you for your very helpful Power Pack for X2!
Indeed mate, gonna change this :)

As for the PP X3, I dunno... X3 seems to be very solid and not limited with scripting (like flash was), so I believe Karl with his team will bring most needed tools and tweaks when they are necessary or requested. Moreover I don't know how far tweakable the X3 engine is - didn't play much with it, I wait for release with "static image page" implementation :)

--------
EDIT
I can't update my signature, it says: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]." :(

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

14 Dec 2014, 20:04

G'day Karl,
I think you missed it. "Search Key Words". When you search Imagevue, or when you want to create XML's or other meta data files for 3rd party systems.
There are many purposes for being able to provide the buzz words for searching and external systems.
Make sense? I've tried to rephrase it for you.

Wait... You are still planning to allow creation of "text" and "mixed" content pages ... right?
I think it would be wise to eliminate words 4 characters and fewer from search results. Too many meaningless words in the English language to join other words together! (From the programming point of view) :)
mjau-mjau wrote:Keywords are long-time deprecated, and they are simply not used any more for anything. X3 is a modern system focusing on useful features, and therefore we don't want to clutter the system with useless settings. Simplicity is much more important, for us and the user.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Yes I have been under the same impression that Meta Keywords have been redundant for a while. Some older systems might use them for crawling, but not the big boys. So I think we should keep them, that is for sure.
Idea - Can we not have the keywords automatically generated? Scan the page, all the words that occur the most, and over 4 characters are inserted into the Keywords list. The top 10 or 15 keywords are sorted by their frequency and added to the header META tags. That would make life easier!
Keen to hear your thoughts.
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Dec 2014, 04:35

Bulletproof IT wrote:Wait... You are still planning to allow creation of "text" and "mixed" content pages ... right?
Although not 100% sure what you mean, this is already how X3 works ... A page is a page and by default contains its own content (html). It also contains a gallery (if there are images in the folder), and it can also contain "galleries" (if there are subfolders in the folder). All these page "modules" can be combined in a single layout, although in many cases you would not combine all three ... You can also "hide" each module specifically from displaying, and also set the order of display of the modules.