X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

[Required Feature !] Text Image and EXIF in view mode

27 Nov 2014, 04:40

Hy,

The subject speaks for itself, to me this feature is extremely important, my gallery being based on the text going with the photographies, and the possibility to show EXIF information like in X2 too.
I did some Photoshop work to explain what i mean, You will see my suggestion :)

Here is the file:

Waiting for your return ;-)

Goog luck with this nice project of yours !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: [Required Feature !] Text Image and EXIF in view mode

28 Nov 2014, 09:41

Thanks for the request ... We certainly want to add extended EXIF/IPTC information from the images, and also improve the popup window!

I am not sure I can agree 100% with your layout suggestion though ... It was ok to do like that for Imagevue X2, because Imagevue X2 flash only works on desktop screens! Also, I don't know what screen size your screenshots are from, but I assume it must be a pretty big screen. What happens with that layout on an average laptop screen, for example mine at 1280x800 px? If the image boxes are 300px wide each, that would leave 600px for the image ... not a lot! We can't build a design that basically only works for large screens and/or if the image is relatively small ... Also, how would that work on even smaller screens like ipad or iphone?

I would prefer very much to avoid having multiple blocks of text which decide how much of the screen is left for the image, because we need to take into consideration amount of text, left and right, aspect ratio of screen, aspect ratio of image, size of screen, size of image ... Basically mission impossible.

What I would suggest, is having text blocks that are visible when A) mouse is moved (with a timeout), and B) when mouse is hovering over the actual description. The text blocks may overlay the image depending on screen size/aspect and image size/aspect, but the text does not determine the space available for the image, and the visitor easily control display of the text interactively on-demand. Also, it would allow the image to scale to whatever size it wants to be (depending on a few settings), without being inhibited by the text blocks. On small devices, the text blocks could be toggled visible on/off on screen 'tap' ...