X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

Suggestions for Skins

26 Nov 2014, 14:55

Hy,

I didn't find a full topic about "Skins", i suggest to the community to regroup their ideas on this post :)

1/ On my side, i would like to have a "dark" skin, with a black background and light color writing (white, light gray, etc.) instead of having a classic , black writing on a white background (to have somehing with the same "spirit" as my previous X2 gallery : http://www.insightspirit.com)

Be my guest and share your ideas :p

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Suggestions for Skins

28 Nov 2014, 05:01

Skins are definitely coming up for some focus asap ... That includes a dark/black skin. Skins are quite complicated, because there are a lot of colors going on, and all elements need to be in harmony. Also, when for example using a dark background, it doesn't mean the header section, footer and mobile-menu should have a white/light background (it simply doesn't look good), so there are some dilemmas to work around.

Thnx for posting! We would definitely be interested to know ideas and suggestions in regards to skins ...

dacta71

23 Jun 2017, 07:08

Hello Karl,

A compliment for Imagevue X3.

In style I choose the skin twillght. I chose for grid. In the grid this twillight skin can be seen. But when click on a thumb  I see the picture on a black screen. I see the picture on a black screen. Is it possible to get the twillight color on that page as well ?

dacta71

23 Jun 2017, 07:15

Karl.

I already fond it.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Jun 2017, 07:19

dacta71 wrote:I see the picture on a black screen. Is it possible to get the twillight color on that page as well ?
Yes, but the popup background doesn't follow the SKIN color, because the "best" background color for image popup window is black (like Facebook/Google/Flickr and all services use for the popup image viewer). The black popup background is therefore used for ALL skins, including the light skins.

Are you sure there's any point changing it? The point of the background is to create a contrast so that the image is in focus. The visitor surely won't notice the difference between dark grey and black when viewing the image, especially since the background is semi-transparent.

If you must change it, then go to settings > custom > custom CSS:
Code
.pswp__bg {
 background-color: #151b1e !important;
}

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Jun 2017, 07:21

dacta71 wrote:I already fond it.
:wink: :star:

montchoco

08 Oct 2017, 14:28

Dear Imagevue X3 team,

in Imagevue X2 there was the „Abyss“ Theme, in my opinion a perfect blue, which created a beautiful website. Indeed, I got a lot of positive feedbacks about the design of my website.
However, the skins of Imagevue X3 are rather boring, either black/dark or white/bright.I miss a blue one „Abyss“ style!
Would it be possible to design a few blue skins, similar to the „Abyss“ Theme and provide it in a future update?

Thanks a lot

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Oct 2017, 22:18

OK!  :star: