X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

Home Slideshow Image Size ?

25 Nov 2014, 04:53

Hy,

I would like to know what ratio do you recommend to have for the pictures in the "home slideshow" in autoplay ? In order to control what will be displayed, not having a zoom of a bad "ratio sized" image :)

Thanks in advance !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Home Slideshow Image Size ?

25 Nov 2014, 10:27

Eightkill wrote:I would like to know what ratio do you recommend to have for the pictures in the "home slideshow" in autoplay ? In order to control what will be displayed, not having a zoom of a bad "ratio sized" image :)
This is almost impossible to give a proper answer to. Basically you want it to look good on most modern wide-ratio displays ... My only suggestion would be to pick images with a lot of monotone areas, as they would look best even if some of the image is cropped away. Also, you need to take into consideration if the menu might be overlaying top parts of the images.

On mjau-mjau.com startpage I have selected images based on the above.

Then to make things even more complicated, there are handheld devices in portrait mode ... It's not possible to get it perfect on all devices, so its all just a compromise. The images I have selected for mjau-mjau.com are kinda abstract, and work acceptably on portrait devices also ...