X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

FullScreen Carousel

21 Nov 2014, 08:37

Hi,

Is it possible to add fullscreen carousel? an alternative for the slideshow for start page?

regards,
win (www.sherwintan.com/x3)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: FullScreen Carousel

21 Nov 2014, 08:59

winph wrote:Is it possible to add fullscreen carousel? an alternative for the slideshow for start page?
Not really, and I don't really see how that would work or what benefit it has. The slideshow benefits from going fullscreen because the images will then utilize the full height of the screen and display larger. The carousel doesnt try to use a lot of height, because if it did, it wouldnt be a carousel ...

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2014, 20:33

mjau-mjau wrote:
winph wrote:Is it possible to add fullscreen carousel? an alternative for the slideshow for start page?
Not really, and I don't really see how that would work or what benefit it has. The slideshow benefits from going fullscreen because the images will then utilize the full height of the screen and display larger. The carousel doesnt try to use a lot of height, because if it did, it wouldnt be a carousel ...
ok i just disable the autoplay from the slideshow. i just like the small circle indicator from the carousel.

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2014, 20:36

mjau-mjau wrote:
ok i just disable the autoplay from the slideshow. i just like the small circle indicator from the carousel.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2014, 11:42

winph wrote:ok i just disable the autoplay from the slideshow. i just like the small circle indicator from the carousel.
You meant the "dots" navigation below the carousel? This is available for the slideshow also, and there is a demo here:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x3/examples/g ... variation/

Just add "dots" to the gallery module where you are applying the slideshow. Ex
Code
gallery: slideshow dots

winph
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Nov 2014, 00:29