Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

RBachmann
Experienced
Topic Author

Zoom / Magnifier for large Photos

20 Nov 2014, 03:23

It would be awesome if photos could actually be displayed in 100% pixel size, e.g. panoramic photos, and not downscaled to the screen width.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Zoom / Magnifier for large Photos

20 Nov 2014, 03:47

You are primarily referring to the popup gallery right, once an image is clicked? There are some methods available already, although I am not quite sure how a 100% px size should work ... Right now, it is loading optimal image size based on device screen size- and pixel ratio credentials ...

If you want to load "full" image, it would need to disregard loading optimal image size ... I need to think about this ...

RBachmann
Experienced
Topic Author

20 Nov 2014, 03:59

Yes, in the popup, exactly. I can help myself with right-click > open image in new tab. But I think that's not what I should demand from my visitors in regards to usability :-)
Maybe a button in the imagevue style to do that for the visitor would already be enough.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Nov 2014, 04:54

In my mind, I would imagine this solution: There would be a zoom/zoomout button that toggles between two states:

#State 1: This is the state you currently see, where the image is set to "fit" within the screens viewport.

#State 2: In this state, the image scales up and covers the screen, so that the shortest side is 100%, and the longest size becomes cropped but the image is pannable.

There could perhaps be a #State 3, where the image would also scale to original un-scaled dimensions, regardless of screen size. Sometimes this would be smaller than state1, and sometimes smaller than state2 also though ...

The main problem with #state 3 though, is that then we can no longer anticipate a load size for images in the popup, if you want to have the original image available. That means you could be loading 2000px 500kb images even on an old iphone.

Panorama
I forgot to mention, we intend to integrate some dedicated panorama solution into x3 also ...

Good to debate a bit up front anyway ...