Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

petri71
Experienced
Topic Author

X4 features request

18 Jun 2023, 09:58

I was wondering if we could have a X4 feature request in the forum or if we should just post theme here.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: X4 features request

18 Jun 2023, 22:24

petri71 wrote: I was wondering if we could have a X4 feature request in the forum or if we should just post theme here.
Feel free to post here. I won't be making any official announcements about X4 until it's planned and scheduled.

petri71
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Jun 2023, 03:54

Ok i understand. I was thinking it would help define the way you would develop X4. If worth it, of course.

petri71
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Jun 2023, 03:57

So first feature I would love to have is the Smart Folder / Gallery option. Thé hability to add on the home page or to create a full small folder or gallery in the menu that would allow to automatically display galleries or photos based on data ( most recent, most like, by tags, gps locations, etc)

petri71
Experienced
Topic Author

23 Jun 2023, 04:02

Second feature is to have more option to customize the design per device (mainly desktop vs phone). Check out the theme builder Divi in Wordpress. Every time you want to set smth in the design, you have the option to set if it’s for both desktop and mobile or one or the other. Not sure how complicated ot is to code though. So just a suggestion.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Jun 2023, 06:35

petri71 wrote:So first feature I would love to have is the Smart Folder / Gallery option.
I would be interested to implement something like this. The only challenge, is working with "cache" and auto-updating pages ... For example, "most recent" would continuously need to check all galleries each time the page is loaded. This could be resolved with a refresh/publish action in the panel, or auto-refreshed after actions in the panel.
petri71 wrote: Second feature is to have more option to customize the design per device (mainly desktop vs phone). Check out the theme builder Divi in Wordpress.
Depends on exactly what elements you want to customize. Stuff you add to the page content section? In X4, I will definitely build the design base using CSS variables, so it will be as-easy-as-possible to customize styles.

metallissimus
Experienced

17 Jul 2023, 12:47

Have you ever thought about developing a Lightroom Plugin? Being able to publish directly to a new folder on the website without the extra steps of exporting and manually uploading via browser or FTP into manually created folders would be a huge time saver. I assume a lot of X3 users also use Lightroom and could benefit from this.

I was hoping I could provide some ressources for you, but unfortunately this is all I found: https://developer.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/
https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/debugging-toolkit.htm
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jul 2023, 22:43

metallissimus wrote: Have you ever thought about developing a Lightroom Plugin? Being able to publish directly to a new folder on the website without the extra steps of exporting and manually uploading via browser or FTP into manually created folders would be a huge time saver. I assume a lot of X3 users also use Lightroom and could benefit from this.

I was hoping I could provide some ressources for you, but unfortunately this is all I found: https://developer.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/
https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/debugging-toolkit.htm
Yes, it's been requested, thanks for the links.

DmMc28

21 Sep 2023, 11:43

Moreover, can you add reading more IPTC fields from JPG, that Lightroom fills using reverse geocoding feature, like "Country", "Province", "City" and so on... Would like to use these in EXIF, Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Sep 2023, 01:47

DmMc28 wrote: Moreover, can you add reading more IPTC fields from JPG, that Lightroom fills using reverse geocoding feature, like "Country", "Province", "City" and so on... Would like to use these in EXIF, Thanks!
Yes, we can of course support additional IPTC values. Thanks for noting.

metallissimus
Experienced

04 Oct 2023, 05:22

Another small idea that just came to my mind:
When setting up a new user/pw combination in Protect, could there be another field where you can specify a date after which the password will no longer be valid?
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Oct 2023, 22:17

metallissimus wrote: When setting up a new user/pw combination in Protect, could there be another field where you can specify a date after which the password will no longer be valid?
That could be an option yes. I will keep this post as a reference for X4.

DmMc28

18 Oct 2023, 04:56

New Lightroom v13 now supports export HDR photos to JPEG XL (.jxl) file format, that is great for landscape photographers! Many browsers also can show it on HDR displays. It's another usable feature to add )

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Oct 2023, 05:54

DmMc28 wrote: New Lightroom v13 now supports export HDR photos to JPEG XL (.jxl) file format, that is great for landscape photographers! Many browsers also can show it on HDR displays. It's another usable feature to add )
That could be cool of course. Problem is, these images will only display in browsers that supports JXL, which currently is only Safari.
https://caniuse.com/jpegxl

So if you choose to use JXL files in X3, they simply won't load for browsers that don't yet support it.

Another issue is thumbnail generation, as this means JXL would need to get supported by PHP first.

DmMc28

22 Oct 2023, 08:16

AVIF is another option.
Things change...Hope, in few years everyone will have HDR monitors  )