Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Robertsche
Topic Author

Download for registered user ?

29 May 2022, 14:21

I only want to show the download button to registered users. Is that possible ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Download for registered user ?

29 May 2022, 14:44

Robertsche wrote:I only want to show the download button to registered users. Is that possible ?
I'm sure it could be done, but what here do you mean by "registered users"? Do you mean has to have logged in to a password-protected page first as a user?

Robertsche
Topic Author

30 May 2022, 13:09

I mean a user that I create in the panel at protect or by user

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2022, 13:46

I could make this possible in next release by adding a class to root when user is signed in, and that class can then be used to show download buttons. You would have to add a few lines of basic custom CSS. Next release should be out in 4-5 weeks.

From my perspective, this behavior seems a bit odd, because visitors will have to access a password-protected page first to login.

I wouldn't be able to add advanced "permissions" for all users from the admin, because this is beyond the scope of X3's "protect" scheme.

Robertsche
Topic Author

30 May 2022, 13:56

OK. I wanted to allow only some users to download and not all. or is there another way to solve it? or with the X3 cart plugin ??

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2022, 14:30

Robertsche wrote:I wanted to allow only some users to download and not all
Can't you just have logged in users can download and that's that? If not, you are asking for an advanced user-system where you can assign many different feature permissions for different users. This is not something you can expect in websites, but more like file viewers and file managers. Password protection in X3 is for protecting access to pages, whereas "users" have access to multiple url's ... but it does not transcend across different features and different output on the website per user.
Robertsche wrote: or with the X3 cart plugin ??
The forthcoming cart can do many things, but it's not a user-system with login that allows access per user. I'm not quite sure what you had in mind. You can password-protect pages with cart, and you can require filling a form before downloading, but the cart won't show/hide based on what "user" is logged in.
Robertsche wrote: or is there another way to solve it?
Depends on what you are trying to achieve. There is no "user" system in X3 that shows different features depending on who is logged in.

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone wants this in websites (like X3) that are designed for presentation, and therefore somewhat limited. Features like this is what I would consider adding to our useful and productive Files gallery.

Robertsche
Topic Author

30 May 2022, 14:48

OK. I just wanted the user not to be able to download the pictures for free and only pay a few for the download. therefore possibly the card plugin

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 May 2022, 15:21

Robertsche wrote: OK. I just wanted the user not to be able to download the pictures for free and only pay a few for the download. therefore possibly the card plugin
The cart plugin can allow download for selected files or all files in a dir, and also require a form to be filled before downloading. However, there is no payment-system and no user-system connected to the cart.

Robertsche
Topic Author

31 May 2022, 03:30

Hello. This is ok. how do i get the Card plugin ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 May 2022, 03:50

Robertsche wrote: how do i get the Card plugin ?
Working on it for next release, less than 4 weeks. You can read more in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10434

Cart plugin will be available for X3 pro license.