Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

Display of capture time for custom sorting

24 Jan 2021, 12:01

I like to show the course of a celebration in a gallery. Usually it is enough to sort the pictures by ascending date.
However, if the photos come from different cameras or photographers, the clocks are usually not synchronized.
Then, unfortunately, the photos do not appear in the desired order and have to be re-sorted individually. Since the date and time of the photo are missing in the gallery view, the reordering of many photos is a bit awkward.
It would be a considerable relief if  I could see the date and time of recording behind the file name.
I would be very happy if this could be realized in an upcoming version.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Display of capture time for custom sorting

24 Jan 2021, 23:26

pede wrote:It would be a considerable relief if  I could see the date and time of recording behind the file name.
I assume you mean from the X3 panel, right? One thing I don't understand, is if the "clocks are not synchronized", how will it help to display the time? You can already sort items by "time" from the panel.

Displaying time will be added, but it may be a while until it's a feature. I intend to start X3 panel 2.0 soon, which will build upon our new Files app (click layout > list in topbar to see dates).

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Jan 2021, 02:31

Yes, I mean the X3 panel.
The file names are unique for the corresponding camera.I can then see the time offset between the cameras used and and then more easily identify the affected photos and move them to the right place in the sequence.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Jan 2021, 03:08

pede wrote:The file names are unique for the corresponding camera.I can then see the time offset between the cameras used and and then more easily identify the affected photos and move them to the right place in the sequence.
Sure. So this will get added in Panel 2.0, but you will need some patience for that release!

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Jan 2021, 12:19

Great! Thank you very much!