Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Dane
Experienced
Topic Author

More contact forms with additional input fields.

21 Dec 2020, 07:24

Hello,

besides the normal contact form, is it possible to add one or more where you can add additional input fields? For example, questionnaires could be created for client requests, which they can fill out on their own. 

That would be a suggestion from my side.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: More contact forms with additional input fields.

22 Dec 2020, 00:18

Dane wrote:besides the normal contact form, is it possible to add one or more where you can add additional input fields? For example, questionnaires could be created for client requests, which they can fill out on their own. 
The X3 contact form already accepts any form fields, so you can add your form elements however you like and they will get included in the email. You can find an example of an extended form here (scroll down to "Custom Forms"):
https://demo.photo.gallery/examples/features/sample/

Keep in mind, forms require basic knowledge of HTML so that you can add your form inputs. You can look at the existing basic contact form html code, and simply add/copy in your own elements. If you go to the content editor, you can also find an example of "advanced contact form", which you can use for reference.

Dane
Experienced
Topic Author

22 Dec 2020, 01:52

Hi Karl, thank you! Very cool that it is possible. I will try it in the coming days to create a advanced contact form. 

Another question in this context: I would keep the form hidden on the homepage, so that only people with the link I send them can fill it out. Is it then sufficient that I disable the menu item in the settings, right?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Dec 2020, 02:13

Dane wrote:I would keep the form hidden on the homepage, so that only people with the link I send them can fill it out. Is it then sufficient that I disable the menu item in the settings, right?
Yes.