Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Joseph_balson
Experienced

Re: Rating or thumb-up for clients to select photos

15 Jul 2021, 15:18

I made that function, and Metallissimus helped me a lot with insightful suggestions and bug reports.
The selection in any album is working good now, it allows to send a mail with that list of photos and any form field you need.

Interface in the panel for that? OMFG! That would mean almost rethink all of X3 to work with a database. I see no practical way to do that otherwise. And finally I came to love my X3 without a database. I had to code the few things I really needed, and they definitely didn't need a database. I hope X3 stays that way.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Rating or thumb-up for clients to select photos

16 Jul 2021, 00:08

Joseph_balson wrote:Interface in the panel for that? OMFG! That would mean almost rethink all of X3 to work with a database. I see no practical way to do that otherwise. And finally I came to love my X3 without a database. I had to code the few things I really needed, and they definitely didn't need a database. I hope X3 stays that way.
It could be achieved non-DB by storing each "order" in a JSON file. However, since a new panel 2.0 will be on the agenda soon, it's likely I will prioritize an email-only (non-panel) solution for this initially.