Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

thomsen
Topic Author

Link Problem on Index Page/Menu

14 Apr 2020, 07:35

Hey, 
im just testing X3 on our website and i have a single issue that i want to solve that stops me from purchasing a license:

On my website i have the following menu structure:

index --> Category1 --> Album ( screenshot : https://pasteboard.co/J3LkIu4.jpg

On the Index the categories are linked correctly like and when i click them i get the correct content. 
http://leuchtkultur.de/index/Visualisierungen/ 

But on the Top-Menu they are linked without "/index/ and when i click on it i get a "Content not found" message. 
http://leuchtkultur.de/Visualisierungen/

( screenshot: https://pasteboard.co/J3LlBL0.png

Is there a way to fix that issue - by adding the /index/ or in an other way? 

Thanks , 

Thomas

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Link Problem on Index Page/Menu

14 Apr 2020, 08:37

thomsen wrote:index --> Category1 --> Album ( screenshot : https://pasteboard.co/J3LkIu4.jpg)
Before even reading the rest of your post, I can see you have one mistake here. You have placed subfolders inside the /index/ folder. May I ask how you managed to do that? With FTP perhaps? The /index/ page is a PLACEHOLDER for your HOME page, and would simply display when someone loads leuchtkultur.de ... Visitors should never see /index/, and the index dir cannot contain subfolders. All subfolders should be placed as subfolders of the main CONTENT.

Your structure inside the content dir looks like this:
Code
/index/
/index/Visualisierungen/
/index/Visualisierungen/airbeat-one/
Instead, it should look like this
Code
/index/
/Visualisierungen/
/Visualisierungen/airbeat-one/
thomsen wrote:On the Index the categories are linked correctly like and when i click them i get the correct content. 
http://leuchtkultur.de/index/Visualisierungen/ 
That's wrong. Why would you want to see /index/ in the url? /index/ only represents the home page (because the home page leuchtkultur.de needs to have a dir that represents it).

You should move everything INSIDE /index/, one level down, and your website would be correct. As mentioned, I am not quite sure how you managed to create the dirs inside index.

thomsen
Topic Author

14 Apr 2020, 10:37

Hey Karl,

Yes, i did this with FTP/directly on the server.
I moved the files up one level and now the links are correct - but now im missing the preview of the categories on the "index" page. 
Is there a way to get them displayed as "gallery/categories" on the index page?

Thanks a lot for your help!

thomsen
Topic Author

14 Apr 2020, 10:40

By the way: its also possible to "move" them there with the help of the admin-panel.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Apr 2020, 12:03

thomsen wrote:Yes, i did this with FTP/directly on the server.
You can use FTP, as long as you keep the structure correct :) Also, when uploading by FTP, you should access the panel and click SAVE afterwards. This is because when using FTP, X3 does not know that changes were made, and made server old/cached pages. By clicking SAVE, you are forcing X3 to recreate pages.
thomsen wrote:I moved the files up one level and now the links are correct - but now im missing the preview of the categories on the "index" page. 
Is there a way to get them displayed as "gallery/categories" on the index page?
Do you mean display galleries or categories on the home page, just like the three in our X3 Demo home page?
https://demo.photo.gallery/

You can assign the home page to show the subfolders from another page. For example, in the X3 demo, we have assigned the home page to display folders from /galleries/ folder (landscapes, nature, femme). To do this, you would go to the index (home) page, click "folders" tab, scroll down and expand "advanced", and then select the folder from where you want to display subfolders.

The index page can only show folders from inside another folder ... It cannot show all folders that are in the root.
thomsen wrote: By the way: its also possible to "move" them there with the help of the admin-panel.
Yes. Click the index page, and you will see a list of all the folders that are/were there. Then select all the dirs (chexkbox), and then you can click [MOVE] to move the dirs to another dir ... In this case, you would choose ".." (topmost parent dir).

Kasperl

07 Jun 2020, 11:41

Hello,

I had exactly the same issue. I've moved the various categories into a main folder like this:
Code
Gallery
  Humans
  Cars
  Landscape
  Nature
In the menu, I first need to expand Gallery to see all of its children.
How is it possible that all of the menu entries (Human, Cars, etc.) are displayed at the top level so that I do not need to expand Gallery first?

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Jun 2020, 23:32

Kasperl wrote:I had exactly the same issue. I've moved the various categories into a main folder like this:
Sorry, but the question is not entirely clear to me. Do you have a link to website so I can better understand?
Kasperl wrote:
Code
Gallery
  Humans
  Cars
  Landscape
  Nature
In the menu, I first need to expand Gallery to see all of its children.
How is it possible that all of the menu entries (Human, Cars, etc.) are displayed at the top level so that I do not need to expand Gallery first?
Sounds to me like you just want those galleries "Humans" etc at the top level? Why not just MOVE them into the top level? If you created those galleries inside the /Gallery/ folder, then they will naturally display inside the /Gallery/ folder menu. If you want each gallery at top-level, galleries should be created at top level also, as opposed to creating them inside /Gallery/.

Kasperl

08 Jun 2020, 05:12

Hi Karl,

Here's a link to the website.
On the main page, I'd like to list all galleries. I accomplished this by going to the settings of the index page, clicking on folders, then in the advanced section I specified in the folder assets to load the folders from "Gallery".

If I don't put Humans, Cars, etc. into Gallery, how can I have a list of all galleries on the main page? 

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Jun 2020, 05:22

I see. When you assign a page to show galleries from another folder, you need to assign a specific folder. Therefore, you cannot set a folder to display all folders that are listed in the root ... which would include the current page itself. Maybe there will be a better solution in the future.

If it's really important, you could do a workaround: Keep it as it is now, but then create new links in root ("animals", "city" etc), and LINK them to the pages under /portfolio/.