Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Osek64
Topic Author

Odd preview and gallery frames colour

11 Jan 2020, 14:12

Hello. 

I found a weird problem with my previews on List menu. 
Photos are in 1:1 portion as they should, but they are in the left upper corner and not filling whole picture frame (as shown in the picture).
Does anyone know how to fix it, or what can be the cause? 
The second thing I'd like to ask is: Is there any way to change the size of headlines in the list? 
Výstřižek.JPG
Výstřižek.JPG (40.96 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
Last think... is there posibillity to change frame colour and size in gallery?

Thanx for any help :) 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Odd preview and gallery frames colour

11 Jan 2020, 22:37

Osek64 wrote:I found a weird problem with my previews on List menu. 
Photos are in 1:1 portion as they should, but they are in the left upper corner and not filling whole picture frame (as shown in the picture).
Do you have a link? I only see your screenshot, with preview image correctly on the right side of the menu.
Osek64 wrote:The second thing I'd like to ask is: Is there any way to change the size of headlines in the list? 
Both can be modified with custom CSS. I'll give example code in my next reply after we resolve the above.

Osek64
Topic Author

12 Jan 2020, 04:45

The preview itself is correctly on the right side, but the picture itself isn't filling the frame for preview. 
I coloured it in the next print screen and added print screen from X3 demo for comparison ;-)

there is a link for my website - it is in folder "sport" 
http://pulverfoton.cz/

review_wrong.jpg
review_wrong.jpg (60.89 KiB) Viewed 3598 times

review_right.JPG
review_right.JPG (29.01 KiB) Viewed 3598 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jan 2020, 05:20

I see the below, seems to be correct. Can you try in a different browser and/or in a new private/incognito window?

Osek64
Topic Author

12 Jan 2020, 09:35

Hello. 

So I tried it in anonymous mode (chrome) and the problem is still there, while in Mozilla it is all OK. I tried on different PC and found out that it is Ok both in Mozzila and Chrome, so it seems like there is some kind of problem with my browser settings I suppose.
Thanks for this, I actually haven't thought about trying another browser ;-)  

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jan 2020, 11:15

Although it's browser related, it could be X3 related also ... I can see in your example that a "smaller" image size is being loaded. I seem to remember another user with a similar issue, but I can't remember exactly what the problem was. So this is Windows OS + Chrome browser? Perhaps you can test from another location when you get the opportunity.

Osek64
Topic Author

12 Jan 2020, 13:27

I have ntb with os Win10 
I tried on my brothers PC (with os Windows 7 ) everything seems ok today, but he claims that a few days ago, he saw the same bug as me.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jan 2020, 22:39

Osek64 wrote:I have ntb with os Win10 
I tried on my brothers PC (with os Windows 7 ) everything seems ok today, but he claims that a few days ago, he saw the same bug as me.
I'll add it to my list, and will review this for next release. In the meantime, please keep an eye on it for me, in case it helps figure out the pattern that triggers the bug.

Osek64
Topic Author

13 Jan 2020, 06:24

OK, I'll let you know in case anything changes.

Could you please help with my second problem... with code for custom CSS, to make borders in gallery white and thinner and for headlines size in the list menu?  

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Jan 2020, 08:55

Settings > Custom > Custom CSS. The following will allow you to edit font-size for the category headers in the list menu:
Code
.list-inner h2 {
  font-size: 14px !important;
}
Sorry, do you mean frame color in a page's gallery (not menu)? Also, do you mean frame border width? Custom CSS:
Code
.frame figure {
  border: 3px solid #fff !important;
  background-color: #990000 !important;
}
In the above example, you can change border color and width. The background-color would only be visible while an image is loading.

Osek64
Topic Author

13 Jan 2020, 11:27

Thank you. 
it helped a lot. 

While I was "playing" with borders and colours I found another bug and it can be caused by the same issue as the preview. 

when I set border s around 2px (or less) on some photos it would "loose" side of the border (on print screen). 
so I tried using windows Edge and there is no problem with it, no matter what width I set.

when I set borders for preview photo in the list, it appears where it should be, while photo itself is still messed-up.. and once again there is no issue in Edge browser. (the blue border is set by custom css)
Attachments
Výstřižek.JPG
Výstřižek.JPG (17.9 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
photo boreders.JPG
photo boreders.JPG (84.33 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jan 2020, 01:33

Osek64 wrote:While I was "playing" with borders and colours I found another bug and it can be caused by the same issue as the preview. 

when I set border s around 2px (or less) on some photos it would "loose" side of the border (on print screen). 
so I tried using windows Edge and there is no problem with it, no matter what width I set.

when I set borders for preview photo in the list, it appears where it should be, while photo itself is still messed-up.. and once again there is no issue in Edge browser. (the blue border is set by custom css)
Not quite sure what bug you are referrring to here. In your previous post, you asked how to set borders for images in the GALLERY. I gave a way to override CSS. If that displays wrong for a gallery, it's maybe related to your specific layout. Link please? This is custom CSS.

As for borders on the list-menu preview image, is there a bug? I didn't see any questions about changing the borders for the list-menu. Furthermore, changing CSS for the preview image border won't fix any issues with the image loading, as it's entirely unrelated ... It's just a color style.

Osek64
Topic Author

14 Jan 2020, 05:33

Oh sorry for the confusion. 
Above, we were trying to solve issue witch preview photo, because it wasn't properly displayed, but it was properly displayed for you.
In the end, it looked like it can be linked to something in browsers (or browser + win), because this was a problem only when I displayed it with Chrome, but the preview was properly displayed for me in other browsers (Edge, Mozzila). 
I found out that, when I set borders/frame for the gallery to 2px or less part of it disappear when I open websites in Chrome (screenshot of the gallery), but, once again as with preview, in Edge browser borders are all ok.

With borders of the preview... borders of preview appear normal (how I set them), even when the photo is displayed strangely. (screenshot of the preview in the list)... Just additional information.
I just wanted to let you know about these in case, these problems are somehow linked or caused by the same thing.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jan 2020, 07:23

Well, I don't see what "borders" has to do with the image loading too small. Border may affect the size, but the bug may or may not occur regardless of how you style the border. The border style should be correct regardless of if the image loads too small (or not).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Mar 2020, 21:37

This issue should be resolved in latest X3.28.0 release. Please check!