X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

Can I change multiple existing Folders or Gallery settings at once

28 Nov 2019, 07:41

Hi

Is there a quick way to change multiple folders/gallery settings at once...eg..

If I have 50+ folders all the same folder and gallery settings and I change one of the settings and I decide I want all my existing folders the same

Do I have to make a custom setting and change every single folder setting one at a time or is there a quicker way??

George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Can I change multiple existing Folders or Gallery settings at once

28 Nov 2019, 23:14

Essentially, this is possible from main Settings > Page (Page defaults). When you change settings here, they will apply for all pages. The exception is non-default settings that are applied specifically for a page, which will not be overridden by page default settings.

This could save you a lot of time, although it's possible you have some page settings that you may need to reset/remove manually. The default page settings cannot override page-specific settings that you have applied.

alex.p

31 Dec 2019, 03:54

Can I add an question to this thread? During my testing I made some local settings for some albums. How can I restore the settings so that the albums get the global settings?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Dec 2019, 05:05

Were you thinking of resetting ALL settings specifically for a page? Or only some? There is no option for this currently, unless you delete the page.json file for the page via FTP, which would reset ALL settings for the page. Optionally, you could create a new page and simply copy the images inside, which would be the same as a page without settings (only inherited global settings).

alex.p

31 Dec 2019, 05:22

Perfect. The solution with deleting the page.json file is what I need. Thanks