Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Ruud de Soet
Experienced
Topic Author

Preview image

09 Oct 2019, 06:50

In X3 there is a standard preview.jpg image what will be displayed when I posted the HTTPS:// link on FB or WhatsApp. The preview.jpg is located in the Index page. Now I will replace the standard preview image and I delete the image (or rename it) and upload a new preview.jpg image but I can see that the standard preview image is back again.
How can use my own image instead of the standard preview image? 
Thank for your support.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Preview image

09 Oct 2019, 07:10

Ruud de Soet wrote:In X3 there is a standard preview.jpg image what will be displayed when I posted the HTTPS:// link on FB or WhatsApp. The preview.jpg is located in the Index page.
Just for reference, preview.jpg is the default preview image that will be used for galleries that don't contain images, or don't contain child-folders with galleries. Also, if you delete the preview image, it will default to the first image inside your index page. Finally, you can easily assign a different image for the index page (if you have other images uploaded) by simply clicking the orange flag for the image you want to use (see screenshot below). However, if you don't have other images in your index page, then yes the "preview.jpg" will always be used.
Ruud de Soet wrote:Now I will replace the standard preview image and I delete the image (or rename it) and upload a new preview.jpg image but I can see that the standard preview image is back again.
How can use my own image instead of the standard preview image? 
What do you mean "back again"? Back again when you share on Facebook? Or back again in your index folder?

For your reference, Facebook will CACHE preview images for shared links. That means, if you shared the page earlier with one image, it will still use the old image even if you replaced it. To CLEAR the Facebook share cache, you need to use their debugger tool, enter the website, click debug, and when done, click "scrape again" to make sure Facebook gets a NEW version of your website.
https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/

If you replaced the preview image in your index folder, the only reason the old preview image might display, is if it's cached in your browser or on the internet (for example if you are using a CDN). I don't think this is your issue though.

Ruud de Soet
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Preview image

09 Oct 2019, 07:14

Karl, thanks for your clear answer.