Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

hide absolute path in Browser

27 Sep 2019, 07:23

How can i hide the absolute path to subfolder or can i display always the Main URL in the Browser.

Its this possible in Imagevuex?

Best Regards
hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: hide absolute path in Browser

27 Sep 2019, 21:14

This is a bit of an unusual request. The URL generally needs to be part of all websites, and represents the page that is being viewed. The exception is old flash websites or javascript-based websites using #hashtags in URL, but this was because they could not create url's by themselves, and this concept is not used these days. If you could hide it, it would mean that you would have to forget about SEO (because your website would only have one page, also for Google of course). Nobody will be able to navigate with browser buttons (previous/next), and you wouldn't be able to link to a specific page (since your pages do not have url's).

Having said the above, in most websites, it is simply not possible because the URL represents the physical location of the page. In X3, theoretically it is possible to achieve, because URL's are "virtual" (uses javascript pushstate). There is no "option" for this in X3 settings though, and certainly nothing good comes from it if there was. May I ask why you would want to do that?

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: hide absolute path in Browser

08 Oct 2019, 05:54

Is not important anymore. Was just an idea not to show the user the URL