Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

InoculateIT
Experienced
Topic Author

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

26 Jul 2019, 03:48

Hi all

Im going crazy now, can't figure out what is missing or what is blocking
Im running IIS 10 and X3 latest starts ok, writing files, setup ect...

But when I click panel as told I get this error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Nothing showed is the logfiles for IIS.
Tried enabled/disabled all kind of stuff in the settings, but nothing happens :(

I have the latest php v7 as CGI.
mbstring is enabled btw.

Im not sure what im doing wrong :worried:
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

26 Jul 2019, 05:01

Do you at least have a link so I can check some basic info? I checked fotoskuret.dk, but that seems to be on Litespeed server.

It's virtually impossible for me to diagnose your IIS server without any access, and with just "500 internal server error". It's just a generic message, so you could try to get a more detailed error by following this post:
https://domainregister.international/kn ... -mean.html

If I could check, via FTP, I could probably figure it out. Until then, for a self-hosted IIS server, which I cannot access, I can't even make a wild guess.

InoculateIT
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

26 Jul 2019, 05:16

mjau-mjau

Yes its my running site, but im on my way moving it back to my home server again but wanted to check things works 100% before moving domain and site :)

So im testing it on a temp site with the trial version to see if it runs :)

But i think its running now, uninstalled everything in php on IIS and re-installed it with the installer from IIS web platform installer, then its working strange....

I read alot of places that its best to install it manually, but seems like its not working for me :(

I keep it on the installer way, then its working :)
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Jul 2019, 06:40

InoculateIT wrote:I read alot of places that its best to install it manually, but seems like its not working for me :(
Where did you read that? The X3 installer does the same as manual install anyway, but downloads X3 directly to server which is so much easier. And it has some improved diagnostics while installing.

It could be you have some issues with web.config and/or the .htaccess file on manual install.

InoculateIT
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Jul 2019, 03:06

I just read on several sites they preefer to install it manually when you use Google :)