amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

Post date Gallery

31 May 2019, 09:12

Hi

Is it possible to post date a gallery?

Eg,..
If I add a gallery say on the 4th June and I dont want it to go live/be seen until 1st July

Is there a way to do this via the admin automatically setting the gallery  to view on 1st July instead of on the date added,
and save me .......... Hiding it then remembering to go in and UnHide it manually on that date (using "Hide page from menu" or some way manually)

I'd just like a date box where I can tell it to go live on a certain date in the future, this will allow me to upload/add lots galleries for viewing in the future.

If not is this something that could be done in a later version? As I have clients that need this feature as a must.

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Post date Gallery

01 Jun 2019, 01:38

amateur56 wrote:Is it possible to post date a gallery?
When I first read this, I thought you meant to set a custom date on a gallery. That is possible of course, but it only sets the viewable date (that the visitor will read) for the gallery. What you are asking, is for an auto-publish feature, that will publish a page "live" on a specific date.

Unfortunately, this feature does not exist in X3. One of the reasons for this, is because X3 relies heavily on cache, and will serve cached files FAST until you change anything in the panel. Cache is only bypassed once you CHANGE something from the panel.

The simple solution of course, is to 1. Create your gallery up front and set it to HIDDEN. 2. At the time you want it published, simply click the UNHIDE button for the gallery. Done.

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Post date Gallery

06 Jun 2019, 10:24

Yip, I knew the hidden/unhide but with lots of sets to upload 6+ months ahead it could get a bit brain teasing, so not good for what they want it for, but thanks anyway.