Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mleonard
Topic Author

New user doesn't work

13 May 2019, 11:05

I've tried adding a new user login to my installation, and it doesn't work.  Every attempt to login fails.

I added the new user on the "users" tab under the "Protect" tab.  Is there an additional step to adding a user that I'm not aware of?
I have made multiple attempts to add the user and rechecked the UN/PW combo.  There are no errors that I'm aware of.

Thanks for the help.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: New user doesn't work

14 May 2019, 01:24

First of all, you mean you are trying to protect the WEBSITE itself with passwords? Or are you trying to create USERS for the panel?

To clarify, the PROTECT tab is for protecting your website pages and has nothing to do with logging in to the X3 control panel. If you want to create USERS for X3 control panel, you would need to setup a database (see settings > panel).

If you are indeed setting up user/passwords for your X3 WEBSITE, and it doesn't work, it sounds like you could unlucky to be hosted on a server that does not support authentication server variables. See my post below for explanation in detail: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9680&p=44006#p44006

mleonard
Topic Author

Re: New user doesn't work

14 May 2019, 13:38

That would be my issue, I was in the wrong location.  Now I need to learn how to setup a database properly :-)
Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.