Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sopax
Experienced
Topic Author

Menu

14 Dec 2018, 04:52

I have several folders with sub- and subfolders. It is easy to navigate on my iMac, but on iPad and iPhone I can only open the menu with 1 subfolder. Consequently I have to go back to the mainfolder in order to read the next chapter. It would be nice if the subfolders also could have a + for opening sub-subfolders.
Menu: About me
Mainfolder: My Travels+
Subfolder: Japan+
Sub-subfolder: Tokyo
Sub-subfolder: Kyoto 
etc

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Menu

14 Dec 2018, 09:35

It's hard to understand exactly what you mean, so can you please post a link to your website? Below is a screenshot from how it works on mobile (iPad and iPhone). As you expand the menu tree, sub-menus clearly appear, and subfolders can also be expanded (if they contain their own subfolders). In fact, in theory, it supports any depth levels (folder>+child>+grandchild>grandgranchild). If the total height of the menu is longer than the screen height, then you will naturally scroll up/down with swipe of finger. 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Dec 2018, 23:36

Hi sopax,

Thanks for the email with link and explanation. Admittedly, I was first scratching my head about this. However, before this issue qualifies as a "bug", I would like to explain the logical reason: For your "REJSER" menu, you have selected CAROUSEL dropdown. As I'm sure you are aware, the carousel menu ONLY displays a single level of child folders, and will not display children of child folders. Thus, as you would also be aware, your visitors will need to CLICK the JAPAN page, before they can even see child pages of the Japan page. Because of this, menu segments are not created for the child-folders of Japan, and this will inherit into the mobile slidemenu. Since you are forcing your visitors to click the JAPAN page to view it's child-pages, wouldn't it also be logical to expect the same behavior from mobile devices?
sopax wrote:It is easy to navigate on my iMac, but on iPad and iPhone I can only open the menu with 1 subfolder. Consequently I have to go back to the mainfolder in order to read the next chapter. It would be nice if the subfolders also could have a + for opening sub-subfolders.
I don't see this. On your iMac, you would FIRST need to click the JAPAN menu item to view the japan-page that displays child pages. This is identical to the MOBILE-menu, where you would ALSO first need to click the JAPAN menu item to view child pages of the Japan page.

Of course, you have the option to change to LIST dropdown (which displays TWO levels of child folders), or even revert to NORMAL dropdown menu, which expands to unlimited levels of subfolders.

sopax
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Dec 2018, 05:44

Of course - I have now changed to list view and it works beautifully! Thanks.