Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

"not authorized" page

25 Oct 2018, 05:16

Hi, how do I change the "not authorized" page to something similar than the 404 Page?

I've seen another X3 page, where a password protected page will not show a blank site when the password input will be skipped.
Instead, it is showing a similar layout than for the 404 page.

On my page, I only get the "not authorized" text on white background - at least, when I hide the Link from the Menu.
If I Show the Link to the menu, it's working well - and I also get the "forbidden" sign.

Is there any way to implement this also, without having the Link visible in the menu?
And is it possible to provide some Text to hat page, like it is done for the 404 error?
Right now, it's only showing the symbol without any further information.

It would be nice to have this kind of template in the custom section, like it is for the 404 page.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: "not authorized" page

25 Oct 2018, 06:50

I just wrote a long reply to this, but it vanished after my internet went down.

Anyway, the short answer is that this is not possible, although I will look into it in the future. The issue here, is that the "forbidden" page you see is from your server. You are not actually navigating to the page, but it is BLOCKED. Some server allow you to create your own "forbidden" pages with the help from .htaccess and a custom .html file. The reason it's different when navigating from within X3, is because X3 is already loaded, and can detect that the new page does not load, and then displays a red cross instead. It does not actually load the page.

For now, this is how it works, although we will consider further modifications in the future.