Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mad yetti
Topic Author

Slow file upload: proccessing

22 Aug 2018, 15:55

Hi, it looks like when i'm uploading files it's quite slow to finish some final part, it's extremely quick to push the file(reaches 100%) and then sitting in that state for a long time, seems like it does not correlate with uploaded size or anything.
What shall I check?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Slow file upload: proccessing

23 Aug 2018, 01:50

Is that for a single file only? Is this a production server? Are you resizing images on upload?

I don't have a known explanation for this. If you are uploading many files, there would be additional processing on server when creating the smaller images, which could delay the "complete" event. This should not normally be an issue though, unless the server is severely underpowered. Also, if you are NOT resizing images (on upload) and you have very large image sizes, your server is doing massive image-resize processes on server side.

I can only diagnose this if you have link and login to your panel for me. I need more details.

mad yetti
Topic Author

25 Aug 2018, 13:09

Bunch file upload, no resize.
Cpu is idle, lots of RAM, idle disk.
Running on centos 6 and Apache ,with all updates.
Will send you link later. What is the best way to do it?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Aug 2018, 13:32

mad yetti wrote:Will send you link later. What is the best way to do it?
Best way to send the link? Send it by private message. I will have to check the upload myself and see at what process it stalls first of all. Sounds like it could be something mysteriously server related, but I will need to check first in console exactly what background script is stalling.