Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

lucaonline
Topic Author

Website is fast, panel very slow

09 Aug 2018, 07:53

Hi all,

i really cant manage the Website...creating folders in panel is impossible. not working at all or veeeeeeeeeeeery slow.
Any ideas Why?

I allready cleared the cache...but... no difference.
Last Version of Imagevue is installed... 3.25.1

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Website is fast, panel very slow

09 Aug 2018, 08:19

lucaonline wrote:i really cant manage the Website...creating folders in panel is impossible. not working at all or veeeeeeeeeeeery slow.
Any ideas Why?

I allready cleared the cache...but... no difference.
Last Version of Imagevue is installed... 3.25.1
I can only diagnose properly if you have link/login to your panel for me.

I can say this based on your request though: If your panel is SLOW, it will ultimately come down to your server/PHP being slow. Especially if the operation is "creating folders". X3 simply calls a script that makes a folder ... nothing else. Your server may have 100's of websites, and maybe they had a lot of traffic in the time you have been testing. Maybe your hosting is not even using SSD disks for "write" operations? If it does not improve, then my only suggestion would be to consider another hosting service. That is after all why we created our dedicated flamepix.com X3 hosting service.

Did you email your host? Does your panel "load" slow also? Or just when "creating" a folder? That could indicate a slow write process, possibly non-SSD disks under high stress.

Being very experienced, I can't see any other specific technical reason that your panel would be specifically slow, except your hosting simply being slow or over-populated. I see that your frontend is using Varnish cache, although it is likely disabled ... It would be wrong to enable varnish cache on an X3 website if the website-owner does not know how to purge varnish cache. Varnish certainly has no effect in the panel.

The X3 frontend website is made to load fast, because we use page-caching, and load almost all resources from CDN. An initial page load will still require a simple PHP process though, to determine if the page should serve a cache fragment or create a fresh page.