X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gaitt
Experienced
Topic Author

Force URL ... I'm stuck :/

03 Jul 2018, 15:34

Hey Karl, 

I used the Force URL feature to redirect mydomain.com to mydomain.com/folder, eveything works as expected. 
The only big problem is that now I can't access to the panel, even with ?noredirect.

If I use the URL mydomain.com/panel/?noredirect, I get the panel login correctly but when I log in, the URL switch to mydomain.com/panel/login.php which get redirected to mydomain.com/folder/panel/login.php and then I get a 404!!

Can I change this configuration over ssh to get my panel access working?

Thanks
Gaitt

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Force URL ... I'm stuck :/

04 Jul 2018, 06:30

I can't quite see how or why you have been using force url to redirect from mydomain.com to mydomain.com/folder, but that is besides the question.

To disable "force URL", open the file /config/config.user.json (via FTP or SSH), and simply delete the line with the "force_url" setting, and SAVE.

gaitt
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Jul 2018, 08:18

Thanks a lot, my motivation to redirect from mydomain.com to mydomain.com/folder was to have an homepage which can display folders with caption overlay and so on ... basically I want to set the homepage to "folder" and remove the "standard" homepage.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Jul 2018, 08:59

gaitt wrote: Thanks a lot, my motivation to redirect from mydomain.com to mydomain.com/folder was to have an homepage which can display folders with caption overlay and so on ... basically I want to set the homepage to "folder" and remove the "standard" homepage.
Why not setup the original home page (index) then with the content of your "folder" page? The home page is just a normal page, that can contain ANYTHING, such as what you have added to /folder/. Furthermore, the home page is ALWAYS "index".

More importantly, you are trying to use "force url" as "redirect home page to folder", but this is two different things. Force url will cause mydomain.com/folder to always be the ROOT of your X3 website. Thus, if you have a link mydomain.com/contact, it would unsuccessfully try to redirect to mydomain.com/folder/contact, because you are telling X3 "my X3 website is located at mydomain.com/folder", but it is not.

just to clarify ;)