Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

terapr0
Topic Author

gallery links not working

15 Jun 2018, 14:44

I recently upgraded from X2 to X3 and am now having issues with my site. The links in the menu are pointing to url.com/gallery but the content is actually located in url/gallery/content, where it's always been. 

the website is www.tohellandback.net if you want to have a look and suggest a fix. I can give you FTP / Panel access if needed to fix the problem. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: gallery links not working

16 Jun 2018, 05:17

Hi. I checked your website, and can only see ONE problem: Most of your folder names have spaces in them, breaking URL's in X3. That is why the /contact/ page works fine while /Wilderness%20Adventures/ (and everything inside) does not. Actually, MOST of your folders are named correctly eg "algonquin-park-grand-lake-to-the-barron-canyon" (hyphens instead of spaces), but the main categories contain spaces. Did you convert from X2? The converter should have renamed all folders without spaces, but perhaps there is a bug in the converter.

Anyway, try to simply rename "Wilderness Adventures" to "wilderness-adventures". After all, this is the URL (folder name), and you can use title and/or label to set extended page/menu titles.
The links in the menu are pointing to url.com/gallery but the content is actually located in url/gallery/content, where it's always been.
That is how it's supposed to work. The "content" folder is just a container for your X3 pages and images. The X3 application will create the pages from virtual URL's, getting it's data from within the content folder.

Thus, the URLs you will see in your X3 website, are not in fact a real folder paths.