Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

illunis
Experienced
Topic Author

Missing (?) upload.php

23 Apr 2018, 14:47

So about a week ago i tried uploading some images and i got an "Unknown Error" back. After several tries i contacted my host to give me some logs from the Apache to see what was happening.
After searching through the logs i noticed that there were several errors about a missing 'upload.php' file. I re-uploaded the file and all worked as it should.

I have absolutely no idea how this file got deleted since i havent messed up with the panel folder since the initial setup of X3 years ago....I will monitor to see if it happens cause i have a suspicion that maybe my host is doing some kind of scanning and maybe found out the file to be 'suspicious'....it is only a hunch but i will keep an eye on it.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Missing (?) upload.php

24 Apr 2018, 00:07

illunis wrote:I will monitor to see if it happens cause i have a suspicion that maybe my host is doing some kind of scanning and maybe found out the file to be 'suspicious'
That would be reasonable to suspect. After all, if it's not you, it would have to be them. Maybe the file wasn't even deleted, but put in "quarantine".

Of course, that would simply be a mistake. The uploader file obviously allows uploading (if logged in), something some hosts may be paranoid about.