X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sHagen
Topic Author

v0.22.3: Panel Tree "custom" menu behavior / sorting issue

16 Mar 2017, 10:51

Hello,

I have noticed an issue in the panel.

1. The "custom" folder should be the last entry, right?
2. The folders below the "custom" folder behaves odd.

In the attached screenshot.
- Folder "customers" behaves like "custom", does now allow delete / rename etc and has this yellow banner: "This folder contains a few special folders. Do not delete!"
- Folder below "customers" are greyed out, but behave normal. Delete / rename etc. is possible. 

The X3 version is v0.22.3.
2017-03-16 15_09_14-X3 Panel.png
2017-03-16 15_09_14-X3 Panel.png (38.19 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
Best Regards,
Stefan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: v0.22.3: Panel Tree "custom" menu behavior / sorting issue

16 Mar 2017, 12:34

sHagen wrote:1. The "custom" folder should be the last entry, right?
I guess it should, but the truth is, all UN-NUMBERED folders get sorted alphabetically, below numbered folders. That means "custom" will come before "customers", while "others" will be listed last. I will look into this for next release, as it would be best if the special custom folder would get listed last.
sHagen wrote:2. The folders below the "custom" folder behaves odd.
- Folder "customers" behaves like "custom", does now allow delete / rename etc and has this yellow banner:
Unfortunately, it seems this specific folder starting with "custom..." is inheriting special rules and styles of the "custom" folder. I will look into a fix for this in next X3 release.

In the meantime, you will probably need to rename this folder to something else ... OR add a number to the name, for example "5.customers", and then go to page settings -> menu, and check "hide from menu", which will basically hide it (like before when it was named "customers"). Url's will remain the same.
sHagen wrote:Folder below "customers" are greyed out, but behave normal. Delete / rename etc. is possible.
This is normal behavior. Since the parent folder "other" is un-numbered, it means the page AND it's subfolders are all hidden (only accessible by URL). Although the pages are hidden, you can still perform all panel-actions.

Thanks for reporting.

sHagen
Topic Author

17 Mar 2017, 06:19

Hi,

Okay, what you write makes total sense. I will give them a number and use the "hide from menu" checkbox.
Thank you for the prompt response (as always)!

Best Regards,
Stefan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Apr 2017, 10:42

These issues have now been fixed in pending release X3.23.0, which should be available within 2 weeks.
  • Fixed bug when you have root folder name that starts with "custom..." (for example "customers").
  • X3 "custom" folder will now always display at the bottom of the menu.