Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

website migration update

19 Feb 2016, 08:09

Karl, if I set up my site on one domain and I want to migrate all the files over to another hosting service is there anything in particular that I need to do to make that successful other just copying all the files?

Once that is successful and I have updated and populated the test site with new images, what files do I need to mover over without copying the entire file system over?

Thanks

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: website migration issues

19 Feb 2016, 09:09

Karl, I am getting errors after migrating my files over and also from uploading all of the untouched latest x3 v.15 files to my another root folder to test. I contacted my hosting service and they were unable to help. I looked around the forum and was unable to determine anything I can do to correct the issue. Can you have a look please. I will PM the ftp login info.
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (52 KiB) Viewed 3694 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: website migration update

19 Feb 2016, 10:46

swamphox wrote:Karl, if I set up my site on one domain and I want to migrate all the files over to another hosting service is there anything in particular that I need to do to make that successful other just copying all the files?
Just copy all the files, but I would exclude the content of the app/_cache folders. You should also re-enable diagnostics to make sure everything is ok. Obviously, you also need to make sure to move to a server that actually works properly with X3 and has PHP and the necessary modules.

Easiest when upgrading, would be to first install a new X3, excluding /content/ and /config/, and then copy your /content/ and /config/ folder from your previous server.
swamphox wrote:Once that is successful and I have updated and populated the test site with new images, what files do I need to mover over without copying the entire file system over?
Not quite sure what you mean ...
swamphox wrote:Karl, I am getting errors after migrating my files over and also from uploading all of the untouched latest x3 v.15 files to my another root folder to test. I contacted my hosting service and they were unable to help. I looked around the forum and was unable to determine anything I can do to correct the issue. Can you have a look please. I will PM the ftp login info.
Your new server is PHP 5.2.17 ... Not sure why they are "unable to help". Why are you moving your X3 to a (excuse my English) crappy service?

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Feb 2016, 11:07

Isn't English your first language? I have been using 1 &1 for a while and I agree it is shitty. I have other hosting service such as site ground and that is where I have deployed V3 successfully and used their hosting to test my setup which is always a process with me. I thought that once I got to the point where I copuld navigate around X3 and kind of have a feel for the landscape I would migrate over. I should probable just redirect to siteground. I am considering moving everything over but one thing at a time. Any suggestions? Is the service you offered a while ago available yet?

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Feb 2016, 11:13

I have a couple domains where I can test things and I set up a clean install of x3, uploaded everything, no changes except for the php version and I still get this screen
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (52 KiB) Viewed 3693 times

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Feb 2016, 11:23

My site is working now with the php updated and the diagnostic files replaced. I still get the same error screen. Is php7 too new? I shouldn't say it is working but it does load.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Feb 2016, 11:59

swamphox wrote:My site is working now with the php updated and the diagnostic files replaced. I still get the same error screen. Is php7 too new? I shouldn't say it is working but it does load.
Well, everything seems to be cool now except one important thing: mod_rewrite ... Simply speaking, it just doesn't seem to be available. We use multiple tests to check if mod_rewrite is available, and I even logged in to your panel an checked the phpinfo(), where there is no mention of mod_rewrite (apart from the environment variables we set in the .htaccess).

You can ask your host?

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Feb 2016, 12:09

Like I said, It does load but that is it. Is this mod_rewrite on the hosting side or my side. This is venturing into an unsafe area for me to try to fix. I have run x3 on this hosting site before but that was many versions ago. I will call the hosting people. Is the hosting you were talking about offering available yet?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Feb 2016, 12:13

swamphox wrote:Like I said, It does load but that is it. Is this mod_rewrite on the hosting side or my side. This is venturing into an unsafe area for me to try to fix.
Yes, the front page will load ... but links won't work, and neither will image-resizing, because they both depend on mod_rewrite. The mod_rewrite is on the hosting-side, and yes it's not something you (or me) would want to deal with ...
swamphox wrote:I have run x3 on this hosting site before but that was many versions ago. I will call the hosting people. Is the hosting you were talking about offering available yet?
Yes https://flamepix.com ...

swamphox
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Feb 2016, 12:24

OK thanks, I will contact them.