X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dark-rebel
Experienced
Topic Author

Howto: Reset/rebuild caching files

03 Feb 2016, 06:56

Hi,

i have the problem that my caching files got messed up due to some permission issues with the folders.
Now the slideshow at the starting page and some gallery images are not loaded correctly and errors are shown.

Is there a chance to get Imagevue to rebuild the whole cache files for the website?

Thanks,

Stefan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Howto: Reset/rebuild caching files

03 Feb 2016, 12:59

dark-rebel wrote:i have the problem that my caching files got messed up due to some permission issues with the folders.
Now the slideshow at the starting page and some gallery images are not loaded correctly and errors are shown.
I doubt that very much. There is a huge difference between the X3 application caching, and images that you may have changed (with the same name) that are cached in browser. The X3 application cache ALWAYS refreshes itself after you change something in the panel.

If you are seeing something wrong or errors, I need a link and possibly link/login to your panel.
dark-rebel wrote:Is there a chance to get Imagevue to rebuild the whole cache files for the website?
This is not necessary. If you want, you can delete files/folders in app/_cache/pages/ and app/_cache/templates/, but these files are ALWAYS recreated when you change something from the panel anyway, so it won't have any effect.