X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

Link as a popup

05 Jan 2016, 18:12

Hey Karl

I'm wondering if when using a page as a Link, is it possible to have that link open in a popup over the current page? I would like to add a calendar, but I would like it to appear over whatever page the person is viewing. Then if they choose to go to another date on the calendar, they will be taken to that page. I have the calendar script and everything figured out, but can't figure out how to make a menu item open a link in a popup window, instead of _self or _blank.

Another popup question for you.
I would like to make the back page of the popup more visible. On my site, when people click on the popups, the back page is so dark they don't even know they are still on the page. I saw on another post, I could change the popup page's opacity, but can't find how to make the area around the popup more transparent.

Thanks Joe

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Link as a popup

05 Jan 2016, 22:41

sprocket wrote:I'm wondering if when using a page as a Link, is it possible to have that link open in a popup over the current page? I would like to add a calendar, but I would like it to appear over whatever page the person is viewing. Then if they choose to go to another date on the calendar, they will be taken to that page. I have the calendar script and everything figured out, but can't figure out how to make a menu item open a link in a popup window, instead of _self or _blank.
Just to be clear, do you speak of the X3-popup (as used with images), or do you mean a generic browser popup-window? Both could theoretically be used, but although the X3-popup is very fast/neat, it has some limitations in regards to displaying web pages inside itself (it's meant primarily for images). In any regards, popup is not yet a feature available for the menu, but we would like to add it. Let me know, but I may add both options ...
sprocket wrote:I would like to make the back page of the popup more visible. On my site, when people click on the popups, the back page is so dark they don't even know they are still on the page. I saw on another post, I could change the popup page's opacity, but can't find how to make the area around the popup more transparent.
I assume you speak of the popup background opacity? You can change it with custom CSS, but often you will find that having a more transparent background makes the popup image-viewing experience a bit more "cluttered". Try to add this to  settings -> custom -> custom CSS:
Code
.pswp__bg {
    background: rgba(0,0,0,.8);
}
The first three 0's represent the RGB values (0,0,0 = black / 255,255,255 = white), while the last cipher .8 (80%) represents the opacity value.

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Jan 2016, 15:48

Just to be clear, do you speak of the X3-popup (as used with images), or do you mean a generic browser popup-window? Both could theoretically be used, but although the X3-popup is very fast/neat, it has some limitations in regards to displaying web pages inside itself (it's meant primarily for images). In any regards, popup is not yet a feature available for the menu, but we would like to add it. Let me know, but I may add both options ...
Either is fine for now. I think the X3-popup would work with my application. It's just a simple php Calendar script. I've used THIS lightbox in the past and it did the job nicely. If you could get the X3-popup working with a menu link, that would probably be fine till you had time to install a generic browser popup-window later.

Thanks for the css code
Code
.pswp__bg {
    background: rgba(0,0,0,.8);
}
I was able to tweak that to my liking

Thanks Joe

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Jan 2016, 22:55

Will look into it, possibly for the forthcoming release if I can squeeze it in ... (we have a lot of minor bug fixes pending, and I don't generally want to delay release for "new" features).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Jan 2016, 05:28

This feature has now been added, and will be available in a release next week.

We added options for both the browsers native popup-window, and the X3 javascript popup.

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

14 Jan 2016, 10:03

Thanks