X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

deactivate dots on Gallery Carousel Settings

27 Dec 2015, 10:04

Hello,

how can i deactivate the dots below the Carousel Layout? The Navigate Button was deactivate but i found nothing to deactivate the dots. I'm not in fullscreen and i see with more than 100 pictures more than 1 row from this dots. That looks not good.

And the next Issue is how can i deactivate the Information how many pictures in the Directory is? On the Gallery Overview its not very nice to see the Information.

And when would be implemented the another Image Caption? Have you a timeline? I took much Photos and i very interested to see the Camera Information (Shutterspeed etc.)

Regards
hardliner

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: deactivate dots on Gallery Carousel Settings

27 Dec 2015, 10:53

Next thing i found the Solution.

the amount Information in the Folders View was the Folder Items.

remove the Tag Amount and now it was deactivated.

Kindly Regard
hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Dec 2015, 10:57

hardliner wrote:how can i deactivate the dots below the Carousel Layout? The Navigate Button was deactivate but i found nothing to deactivate the dots. I'm not in fullscreen and i see with more than 100 pictures more than 1 row from this dots. That looks not good.
I guess the carousel was intended as a teaser for small amounts of images, not 100s ... Wouldn't it be more functional to use the slideshow for that? Anyway, you can disable the dots with some custom CSS (panel->settings->custom->custom CSS):
Code
.owl-dots {
  display: none;
}
hardliner wrote:And the next Issue is how can i deactivate the Information how many pictures in the Directory is? On the Gallery Overview its not very nice to see the Information.
If you are referring to a a folders(albums) overview page, then this item is set in the FOLDERS section of that page. See screenshot below, remove items->"amount" tag:
hardliner wrote:And when would be implemented the another Image Caption? Have you a timeline? I took much Photos and i very interested to see the Camera Information (Shutterspeed etc.)
Where will you be displaying this information? It is quite important to plan what your visitors really want to see when viewing your website. More info will clutter the page.

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Dec 2015, 12:27

Hello Karl,

i have insert the Custom Code under panel-->Settings-->Custom-->CustomCode --> Custom CSS
Code
.owl-dots {
  display: none;
}
but nothing happens

Best Regards
hardliner

Martin
Experienced

27 Dec 2015, 14:13

hardliner wrote:...but nothing happens
Probably clearing the browser cache (or the Cloudflare cache if you're using that) will do the job....

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Dec 2015, 14:32

hello,

i have not activate cloudflare cache.

i try this with another Browser and is present furthermore.

Regards
hardliner

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Dec 2015, 15:52

Hello Karl,

similar in the previous imagvuex Gallery as hover or below the picture.

that was pretty cool. currently you display the Date and the Name of the Picture, why not the capture information too.

hardliner wrote:And when would be implemented the another Image Caption? Have you a timeline? I took much Photos and i very interested to see the Camera Information (Shutterspeed etc.)
Where will you be displaying this information? It is quite important to plan what your visitors really want to see when viewing your website. More info will clutter the page.[/quote]

Regards
hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Dec 2015, 02:54

hardliner wrote:i have insert the Custom Code under panel-->Settings-->Custom-->CustomCode --> Custom CSS
Link please!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Dec 2015, 02:59

hardliner wrote:similar in the previous imagvuex Gallery as hover or below the picture.

that was pretty cool. currently you display the Date and the Name of the Picture, why not the capture information too.
Will look into it soon ... It will of course bloat the interface slightly, so you should only enable it if your visitors find it useful.

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

28 Dec 2015, 03:08

I have my Sandbox:

http://cfcp.de

the Gallery with the Settings is Password protected.

I send you the Logon Data

Will you see the Settings or the Gallery?

Regards
hardliner

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Dec 2015, 03:18

I just needed to check your website. Sorry, you need to use the !important attribute for the CSS:
Code
.owl-dots {
  display: none !important;
}

hardliner
Experienced
Topic Author

28 Dec 2015, 03:26

:D

yeah that was the solution.

Thank you very much