X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EtienneOuellet
Experienced
Topic Author

2 mail forms with different email addresses

08 Oct 2015, 07:36

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to have a mail form on a page that sends emails to a specific email address and then another form on a different page that sends emails to a different address than the first one. Get it?

Example :

www.mysite.ca/AAAAA : Email form on page sends to AAAAA@petitspois.ca

www.mysite.ca/BBBBB : Email form on page sends to BBBBB@petitspois.ca

I want to make a dedicated client section with it's own email form that sends to a different email address than the main site.

Thanks! Hope I made myself clear! :lol:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: 2 mail forms with different email addresses

09 Oct 2015, 00:39

Currently this is not supported.

Technically, it would not be difficult too add, although I am not a huge fan of the idea ... It means the recipient email address must be a parameter when adding the form into the page somehow. This could be achieved with some shortcode that is converted on server side. Actually, we can probably do this, as we do plan on adding a proper forms module, but it will be a few months until this feature would be available.

In the meantime, you could set up email-forwarding from your mail host, based on subject. For example, you could redirect emails with a specific subject (set in the contact form), to a different email.

EtienneOuellet
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Oct 2015, 09:52

Great! I'll gladly wait for a future update!

How can you set the subject with the present contact form? I've been using the code instead of the proper form because I wanted to translate the form in french... Can I still change the subject?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Oct 2015, 11:56

EtienneOuellet wrote:How can you set the subject with the present contact form? I've been using the code instead of the proper form because I wanted to translate the form in french... Can I still change the subject?
Sorry, my bad. The subject is in your global settings, so this can't be changed on a per-contact-form-basis either.

Yes, you can set the subject (from global settings), but no, it can't be changed from the form code. So I will have to ask you to wait for a proper solution.

EtienneOuellet
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Oct 2015, 12:03

All right no problem!

Thanks!

Now we pay the waiting game! :wink: