Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

Is it possible to split a gallery in two ?

19 Jun 2015, 12:37

Hy,

I would like to know if it's possible to split a gallery in two, let me explain.

I have for example a folder called "Architecture", i did the following parameters for now on:
Code
title 		: Architecture # Main page title, also used in menu and <title>. [10-70]
label		: Architecture # Optional short label for the menu if title is too long. 
description	: Les batisses à travers le temps # Used as subheader and in description meta tag. [20-160]
date		: # If not specified, will default to page-updated date.
link		: # Add a custom link, and redirect this page to the specified URL.
image		: 2.galerie/preview_images/Preview_architecture.jpg # Preview image for the page, used in context layout and in sharing.
menu		: # Settings for the menu item for this page.
body		: # Special body classes.
layout		: narrow # Settings- and classes for layout and all page modules.
context		: separator # Settings- and classes for page context-module (text/html).
folders		: # Settings- and classes for page folders-module (subfolders).
gallery		: wide columns:370 shuffle items:preview caption:title,description caption-hover x3-hover-icon-asterisk-primary # Settings- and classes for page gallery-module (images).
Right now all my images are mixed, but in fact i would like to split those images in 2 categories without creating again 2 specifics subfolders. But instead showing all images on the same page under 2 differents titles:

I would like to have something like this:

With the images under ancient architecture still going "shuffle" and the ones under modern architecture going "shuffle" too.

I was wondering if i could manage to do something like this with the HTML part of the gallery ?

Thanks in advance for your help

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Is it possible to split a gallery in two ?

19 Jun 2015, 18:05

What you describe is in fact a layout we almost had ready at some point, but didn't include because of some complications. It worked by having the galleries in separate folders, but having them display on the same parent page. For example, if you have galleries /architecture/ancient/ and /architecture/modern/, you could set the parent page /architecture/ to display a specific layout, which includes subfolders AND the images in each subfolder. Basically the same as in your drawing.

We certainly would like to re-add this feature, but until then, it is very difficult to achieve unfortunately.
Eightkill wrote:I was wondering if i could manage to do something like this with the HTML part of the gallery ?
You can add images manually, but it would be very tedious adding ALL images manually in html. Especially if you want a specific grid layout, like justified. Realistically speaking, this is not feasible.

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

20 Jun 2015, 03:23

Ok, thanks for your answer :)

I hope you will manage to give a second shot to this kind of layout :), it is a really good one I think. Because if you have many variety of things of the same kind, so many subfolders, it is quite a nightmare for the user to click 3,4 times, in 3,4 different screens every time to reach the proper gallery where he wants to go in order to see the images, he might leave the gallery before reaching it by beeing annoyed or bored !

Good luck !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jun 2015, 05:26

Sure. Remind me after next release!