X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

Image not shown in gallery despite being recognized in Panel

14 Jun 2015, 09:40

Hy,

I got a problem. Many of my galleries are not showing all the images they contain. I don't know why, the files are properly shown in the panel in "gallery tab" in the proper folder. But when i go in X3, i only see some images not every of them. I was wondering if it might be file size related ?

I used a display " gallery : wide columns:370 hover shuffle " to show the images.

Could you help me with this one ? If u can't guide me i'll post images of the problem, but i think it's quite self-explanatory.

Thanks in advance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Image not shown in gallery despite being recognized in P

14 Jun 2015, 16:11

Would of course be really easy to diagnose this issue if you could offer a link, and perhaps names of the images that are not loading. Until then, I will have to play guessing games.

I am thinking it may be related to names of the image files. I really need to see a link, and depending on the outcome, I may need guest access to your panel also. There is a logical reason, but I doubt it is size related.

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jun 2015, 05:16

I'm configuring my gallery on my localhost which is working perfectly fine so u can't acess it :)
As for the images, they all have the same name type: "InsightSpirit_XXXX.jpg", so i doubt it's a name issue.

But here is the scenario i'm talking about:
1/ Here is the Panel, showing that 4 images are supposed to be therel: Image

2/ Here is the subfolder, showing that 4 images are supposed to be there : Image

3/Here is the gallery unfortunately showing only 2 images InsightSpirit_0070.jpg and InsightSpirit_0167.jpg, 0373 and 0380 are just invisible : Image

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jun 2015, 07:24

Yep, more guessing games though ... What is in your page settings? As mentioned, I could easily tell you what's going on if I had access. Until then, it's a slow process like finding a needle with blindfolds on.

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jun 2015, 07:47

Here is my Page settings:
Code
title 		: Astronomie & Météo # Main page title, also used in menu and <title>. [10-70]
label		: Astronomie & Météo # Optional short label for the menu if title is too long. 
description	: Les étoiles et les élements réunis # Used as subheader and in description meta tag. [20-160]
date		: # If not specified, will default to page-updated date.
link		: # Add a custom link, and redirect this page to the specified URL.
image		: 2.galerie/preview_images/Preview_Meteo.jpg # Preview image for the page, used in context layout and in sharing.
menu		: # Settings for the menu item for this page.
body		: # Special body classes.
layout		: # Settings- and classes for layout and all page modules.
context		: # Settings- and classes for page context-module (text/html).
folders		: # Settings- and classes for page folders-module (subfolders).
gallery		: grid:2,2,1 crop:2,1 shuffle items:preview,title,date text-center  assets:galerie/landscapes/astronomie_meteo # Settings- and classes for page gallery-module (images).
I got this problem in almost every gallery, some galleries showing only 30 pictures instead of 64, and so on.
Here is another Page settings where many images are not showed
Code
title 		: Animaux # Main page title, also used in menu and <title>. [10-70]
label		: Animaux # Optional short label for the menu if title is too long. 
description	: La faune dans tous ses états # Used as subheader and in description meta tag. [20-160]
date		: # If not specified, will default to page-updated date.
link		: # Add a custom link, and redirect this page to the specified URL.
image		: 2.galerie/preview_images/Preview_Animaux.jpg # Preview image for the page, used in context layout and in sharing.
menu		: # Settings for the menu item for this page.
body		: # Special body classes.
layout		: narrow # Settings- and classes for layout and all page modules.
context		: separator # Settings- and classes for page context-module (text/html).
folders		: # Settings- and classes for page folders-module (subfolders).
gallery		: wide columns:370 hover shuffle items:preview caption:title caption-hover assets:galerie/animaux # Settings- and classes for page gallery-module (images).
Thanks for your help Mjau, despite having to guess cause of the localhost :s

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jun 2015, 10:17

For the first page, it could be that by coincidence you are using an assets folder that has the keyword "landscape" in it, it is filtering only images with landscape orientation/aspect. Unfortunately, the "assets" setting was not that well planned yet that it did not collide with certain tags and filters.

For the second gallery, it would have to be another issue. Are you using _underscore in file names?

It is going to be something like the above ...

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jun 2015, 11:06

Thanks for your help, it was indeed "landscapes" related, kinda tricky this one ^^, u can't use the word "landscape" in an assets path then :p

Problem solved !

By the way, i'm using "_" in my file names but it seems to be OK, "InsightSpirit_XXXX.jpg" for all files :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jun 2015, 17:16

Eightkill wrote:Thanks for your help, it was indeed "landscapes" related, kinda tricky this one ^^, u can't use the word "landscape" in an assets path then :p
This needs to get fixed obviously. I was not aware that the "assets" setting would be used to such degree. May I ask why you are referring to assets folders, instead of just uploading files directly to the folder itself?
Eightkill wrote:By the way, i'm using "_" in my file names but it seems to be OK, "InsightSpirit_XXXX.jpg" for all files :)
Yep. undercores will hide files if they are added at the beginning of the filename, for example "_InsightSpirit_XXXX.jpg".

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Jun 2015, 03:10

Yes, for some folders i'm using the assets, but not all. I deleted some assets related which where useless, the files being directly in the folder.

But i still use the assets way to handle my preview images. I didn't find a way to hide a specific file from the gallery, so to have specific preview images, with specific sizes, and to not see them in the gallery among the real images.

I created a preview_images folders not showed in the gallery from which I get the preview images to show, with the "assets:" commandline.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jun 2015, 03:20

Eightkill wrote:But i still use the assets way to handle my preview images. I didn't find a way to hide a specific file from the gallery, so to have specific preview images, with specific sizes, and to not see them in the gallery among the real images.
So did you try to just add an underscore in FRONT of the file name to hide any specific file? For example, the following image will not be visible in any gallery listing, but can still be used as the preview image:
_myimage.jpg

In fact, if you can also call a file thumb.jpg, and by default it will be the preview image for the folder, and will be excluded from any gallery listing.

Eightkiller
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Jun 2015, 03:47

Ok, good to know !

And one more question: Is it possible to specify thumbs for specifics images ? If i want for example to override the defaults preview of an image in my gallery, because the one automatically cropping all the images the same way, is not correct for some images ? (preview for specific images not for the folder)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jun 2015, 07:26

Eightkill wrote:And one more question: Is it possible to specify thumbs for specifics images ? If i want for example to override the defaults preview of an image in my gallery, because the one automatically cropping all the images the same way, is not correct for some images ? (preview for specific images not for the folder)
This is a reasonable request, but unfortunately there is no shortcut for this currently. X3 creates cropped images on-the-fly, and stores in the folder app/_cache/images/rendered/. You could possibly manually overwrite the files that are created there, but it would be a tedious process, so officially not recommended.

We will need to give this some thought for the future.