Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

Floating logo on home page

05 Jun 2015, 04:24

I'd need some help. I'm investigating the possibility to have a floating logo on the home page of my gallery at the center of the screen. For "home page" i refer to the start page with the slideshow.

Karl can you tell me if this is feasible and how? I'd like that the logo can remain at the screen center and be responsive obviously. I think that can be done using CSS but I don't know how...

thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Floating logo on home page

05 Jun 2015, 10:12

I checked your home page, and if you didn't have scroll, we could easily add a logo and use custom CSS to set it to position:fixed. However, since your start page is scrollable, that means the logo would remain in the middle of the screen also when scrolling downwards. I assume you only want it to overlay the slideshow right?

Optionally, we could inject the logo on the startpage with custom css AND custom javascript. This would work, but not the most elegant solution.

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jun 2015, 10:20

Basically I don't need scroll but is there because I wasn't able to remove it so if you've any solution to remove it and place the logo, it's welcome :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Jun 2015, 12:20

andreamarucci wrote:Basically I don't need scroll but is there because I wasn't able to remove it so if you've any solution to remove it and place the logo, it's welcome :-)
As for removing the scroll, that would be by hiding any content below the slideshow, as well as the footer.

If you kept the "examples" samples folder, you can see exactly how to do it by navigating to that page from your panel.

However, thinking more about it, there will be problems with this approach also. Please can you wait until next release where some bugs are fixed? I will have  a solution for you after that.

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Jun 2015, 16:42

I'll wait for you :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jun 2015, 05:04

Looking at your website right now, and I'm wondering ... You want the logo moved from the top, into the center (below the menu) and bigger? It will somewhat affect the menu ...

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Jun 2015, 05:42

Just speculating about that possibility. If I put the logo in the page center the menu can move up a little bit like when you scroll the page.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jun 2015, 06:10

andreamarucci wrote:Just speculating about that possibility. If I put the logo in the page center the menu can move up a little bit like when you scroll the page.
Thing is, the menu+logo is an intricate combination of UI, with both CSS and JS, and also which responds on smaller screens. I can provide an option to move the logo to the middle on the startpage, but it is a "hack":

In your panel -> custom/css/, add the following:
Code
.menu-absolute-20 .nav > div {
  height: 0;
}
.menu-absolute-20 .nav .logo {
  top: 50vh;
  transform: translateY(-50%);
}
You may have issues with the dark logo color on top of the photos, and also the slideshow "play" button, but I can't deal with that for you. The code provides as requested.